Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and the mechanic is thinking it could be a head problem. I can not find a leak any where and he do a pressure test until Monday! Is this covered under warranty? If not the dealer I got it from says he`ll pay any and all fees. I have had the truck a total of two weeks and it has been in the shop 9 days already. Anyone else experience head trouble?:CRY:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Very common with the '06 model ... look on passenger side, very rear under exhaust manifold. You'll be able to tell if it's leaking there right away.

This pic is from another thread somewhere.
It's very common for a leak at the clamps ... most times just need to tighten the clamps to fix leak ... as did mine.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked and there was VERY little on the line between the clamps, I drove it about 25 miles after I wiped it off and nothing. I did NOT tighten clamps and there is about an eighth in the reserve tank and the radiator is seemingly 3/4 full. Have you ever heard of a head gasket being trouvle in 06 with 47k?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would say that its the clamp. Try to tighten it up. Mine didnt leak all the time usually during the colder weather from heating and cooling of the hose. I noticed a puddle in the mornings when I went to start truck.
Was the coolant low or full when you bought it? If it was full, I doubt it would leak that much out from that clamp in the period of time you had the truck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Coolant leak

Also check around your waterpump. Mine was leaking where the pump mates to the block and was only visible underside. Caught it while changing oil and then after carefull inspection noticed the rust around the base of the pump.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mine leaked from the small rubber hose that connects the radiator to the overflow tank. It's right near the radiator cap. For some reason Dodge did not put a hose clamp here. It probable that this is not the culprit, but eventually it will leak too if you do not put a clamp on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts