Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced low air flow when you turn the fan on high? There is not a whole lot of difference in air flow between high and low setting. The fan motor does gets louder when you go from low to high, but not much increase in air flow. I've only had the truck for nine months and have not used the fan much, so no past use to compare it to. I had to use the AC the other day, and if I keep my face in front of the vent I'm ok, but you can't see the road from there.

·
4,669 Posts
got ram, my wifes mega cab did that and the dealer replaced ( fixed) the flapper door under the dash that diverts the air. Also hers doesnt blow super hard on high anyway, it never has, but it is alot better since the fix. There is a few threads on here about this i think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got ram, my wifes mega cab did that and the dealer replaced ( fixed) the flapper door under the dash that diverts the air. Also hers doesnt blow super hard on high anyway, it never has, but it is alot better since the fix. There is a few threads on here about this i think.
Did the dealer charge you for this fix?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
if your still under warranty the dealer should fix it, you should be getting good air thru the vents. the flapper doors are a pretty common problem

·
Registered
764 Posts
And does it sound like a C-130 taking off? Seems like my whole dashboard shakes when I put the dial on high.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
you know i had the same problem one trip i took out to vegas for a wera motorcycle event. the temp was about 112* out side .

my truck was fine before i got to vegas but while i was there it started trip'n.

anyways turnout it was the fan blower. they need to replace it. in fact he said that alot 2006 models had have this problem .

hopefully your still under warranty:thumbsup:hyper:

·
4,669 Posts
ours was fixed under warranty, the fan motor blows hard, just not a ton of air from the 2 pass side vents. When the door flap broke it just blew on the floor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the feedback!!! I get air from all the vent positions, just not alot of flow. As far as the warranty is concerned, Im over 40,000 and Im the third owner. Not sure if the first owner had an extended warranty. I know when I sold my motor home there was a fee to have the extended warranty transfered to the new owner. So I may be SOL unless there is a warranty AND it follows the truck by vin#. If not....:$: Thanks again guys!!!

·
4,669 Posts
i always reach down and turn the rear floor vents off to help the poor air flow to front

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i always reach down and turn the rear floor vents off to help the poor air flow to front
Yea, I tried that to, but was not enough to cool my mug...:CRY:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts