Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.... alot of ppl in my town are getting tired of my truck comin through late at night. i like my 5" striaght but cant have that anymore. just was lookin on input on what is the loudest least restrictive muffler out there??

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I run a 5" magnaflow muffler with my stack, and its really loud, but not as loud as a straight pipe

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
ok.... alot of ppl in my town are getting tired of my truck comin through late at night. i like my 5" striaght but cant have that anymore. just was lookin on input on what is the loudest least restrictive muffler out there??
the only way i know how to solve all your problems, is get a big sticker that covers your back window made like a hand waving 1 finger at everyone :hehe: :hehe:while leaving your exhaust the way you like it :party018: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
the only way i know how to solve all your problems, is get a big sticker that covers your back window made like a hand waving 1 finger at everyone :hehe: :hehe:while leaving your exhaust the way you like it :party018: :thumbsup:
:hehe::hehe::hehe::yourock:

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Get going about 100mph then coast through town lol

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
as long as the time is right to be able to make noise & use good judgement you should be fine.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
What is the point of getting "the loudest.... muffler possible" if it is in response to people complaining about noise?

·
Registered
143 Posts
flex pipe....at a glance it kinda resembles a muffler.....

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Why dont you go buy a cheap torpedo air tank at walmart $20 I think, drill a 4" or 5" hole in each end. Then weld it into the straight pipe. It doesnt restrict air flow. But if an officer takes a look he will see what looks like a muffler.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I know its not right, but i could care less what people think. Its the same as a little ricer and that annoying exhaust. No one bothers tham, i say who cares. But thats me :headbang:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Due to my infant boy I broke down and put a 25" Donaldson 4" in/out with my 5" stacks and could not be happier. I can talk in the truck now and it sounds awesome outside. I like it better than straight pipe, and will not go back, and it was only like $60 CAD

·
Registered
99 Posts
Loud Pipes Save Lives

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Look into a Resinator from FTE. I think im gonna go that route to cut down on the drone at highway speed with the stacks. There small and cheap and have heard nothing but good things about them.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know its not right, but i could care less what people think. Its the same as a little ricer and that annoying exhaust. No one bothers tham, i say who cares. But thats me :headbang:
i could careless either to nieghbors and ppl i dont know. the day they make the payment is the day i put what they want on the truck. but it is rollin in to my g/f house at 12:30am on a weekday and wakin everyone in the house up while im tryin to creep up her steep a$$ drive way, which we all know isnt possible. but yeah i want is to still be as loud as possible but have it look like im makin an attempt to quiet it down:hehe:. and as for the look-a-like mufflers, my old man ( one of the complainers) is a 22 year mechanic and could tell a difference. but that is a H3ll of an idea for entering race class and i like it alot.lol just wondering what you all have had and have liked. i like the drone it doesnt matter what rpm i just want to say there is a muffler on there

·
Registered
224 Posts
Go with a resonator. They are flow threw and your truck still sounds great.

·
Registered
173 Posts
:hehe::hehe::hehe: I couldn't have said it better... I say eff what everybody else thinks and keep it the way it is too. that is until the popo's start showing up... but that's a different story.

I LOVE my stait pipe! I'm sure my neighbors don't at 0500 in the morning tho. :lol4:

Good luck with the gf tho... even a loud muffler won't allow you to sneak up an up hill driveway. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
177 Posts
haha like the mayflour big rigs at first glance that little ship on the back of the trailor looks like a hand giving the one finger wave

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
yeah i will never make mine quieter, if you use your head you can play all you want. but when it comes time to make it not so noticable, just lift the right foot & smile and wave as you drive by!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
MY hushpower is pretty loud, but no drone..check out youtube videos of it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts