Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

louder the better

2043 Views 33 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Construction Hillbilly
hey guys wondering if there is anything i can do to make my truck louder? truck in sig thanks:headbang:
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
4,187 Posts
up it to a 5 inch exhaust, it will be a more deeper note but louder. or go 6-7 inch stacks.

· Registered
385 Posts
stacks for sure, there ridiculously loud but I love them

· Dumbass
7,169 Posts
run the down pipe, and have it shoot straight to the ground. the noise will reverberate off the ground and your truck. will shake building foundations.

other thing you can do is remove the turbo, turbos act as a muffler, .... you'll have 0 hp, but, it would be loud.

· Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:ditto:haha

· Dumbass
7,169 Posts
even better take the exhaust manifold off :thumbsup:
ho damn!! it would be a screamer! just make sure you clean your intake twice a day, cuz the soot would shoot straight towards your filter!! :doh: :buttkick:

· Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha there we go :hehe:

· Future Fly Boy!
2,228 Posts
route it through the cab and out the roof...all said and done, the loudness outside remains basically the same (stacks or out the back)...stacks just sound so different because usually the are bigger (deeper tone) and they are so much closer to the cab they sound like hell has reached earth...to the person on the outside though, it's pretty much the same...so do you want to loose your hearing or have others around you loose theirs? 4" straight is plenty loud, anymore is just getting to be too much...

· Registered
559 Posts
bigger turbo and injectors with 4in or stacks. i had a large single and about 240hp injectors...if you were next to my truck when the turbo spooled you were rubbing your ears to make sure they still worked!

· Registered
6,585 Posts
run the down pipe, and have it shoot straight to the ground. the noise will reverberate off the ground and your truck. will shake building foundations.
i drove around like that for a day when we were doing my exhaust. the drone between 1500 and 2000 rpm rattled my rearview mirror so bad you couldnt see out of it. :shock:

you could do that air box mod where you drill like a 4'' hole in your inner fender. and run a hose from you air box into the hole. i hear it sounds like your trubo is in youe glove box. :thumbsup:

· Registered
274 Posts
4 and 5 i throw in the same category (my mistake)...4" is a little raspier and 5" is just deep...i just dont know why someone would want anything louder than that:confused013:
Ya i wouldnt go any bigger, i think that the droan would kill you

· Registered
1,271 Posts
The drone on mine is non existent below 2k rpms.

Above that it's not good. I am glad the speed limits around here are 65 and below. I have driven 75 for a while on the interstate and I wanted to chew the steering wheel off.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.