Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running full deletes with the factory pipe minus the cat. I didn't want the five inch the factory four does just fine with egts. But its not loud enough I left the muffler in place cause it's just straight threw . If I take that off would I notice a difference?

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Nope not really. Are you still running the factory downpipe?

G

·
I think I've posted this like 3 different times in various threads but I found taking the factory muffler off mine made a nice difference. I didn't think it would either cuz of the people that have tried cat back exhaust systems, but without the the other garbage under there, I found that removing the muffler made a nice difference for me anyway. Note: all testing done with my own ears, and 100 percent of what I say could be bull. Lol but that's my opinion. Try it. It's cheap to do.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a 5" flo pro TBE on mine with muffler, my buddy has same truck and mods, same exhaust but no muffler and his is louder.

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
I think I've posted this like 3 different times in various threads but I found taking the factory muffler off mine made a nice difference. I didn't think it would either cuz of the people that have tried cat back exhaust systems, but without the the other garbage under there, I found that removing the muffler made a nice difference for me anyway. Note: all testing done with my own ears, and 100 percent of what I say could be bull. Lol but that's my opinion. Try it. It's cheap to do.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hmmm... Now who's talking with their hand over their mouth through their fingers??? :spank: <TEASING!>

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
The VGT is the culprit as relates to the sound. My 5.9 without the VGT sounded great.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine is 4" straight pipe with flo pro delete pipes and I cut the factory muffler out and welded in a piece of 4". Mine is stupid loud. Not to loud for me. But lots of people say it's too loud

·
Registered
148 Posts
dont have a 4th gen but ive got flo pro 5" TBE without muffler and mine sounds great and its loud

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you want it loud put a good turbo on there. My truck had 5" exhaust with the stock vgt and it was still really quiet and then I did my 2nd gen swap and that thing roars.

·
PDRT
844 Posts
I had 5 inch tbe no muffler on my 4th gen an it sounded great no where near as loud as my 07 5.9 I had that would set off car alarms if I drove past but it was loud enough

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just a 4" down pipe and delete pipe and my truck still sounds horrible. Looking for ways to make this truck sound like a true Cummins. I hate to swap turbos but that might be what I have to do.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I finally removed my stock resonator and it sounds a little louder, especially when you get on it. I love how it sounds. Still pretty quiet with the windows up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts