Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my bag o parts installed 2 nights ago, went out and drove it and did great. Ive now noticed an extremely high pitched whine noise on acceleration right when rail pressure hits around 15k. This happened to anybody else here?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Got my bag o parts installed 2 nights ago, went out and drove it and did great. Ive now noticed an extremely high pitched whine noise on acceleration right when rail pressure hits around 15k. This happened to anybody else here?
Do you recall making sure you didnt loose the steel ball when changing the new fitting. If you are thinking what steel ball then the squeeling you hear may be the front seal is blown out and rubbing against the cp3 housing. check your oil and if the level is really high you know the seal is blown out cause your oil is now full of diesel. If this is not the case then try changing the gear pump on the back of the cp3 to your stock one and see if the noise goes away.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine does the same thing. Loud whine after bag of parts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oil level is fine, I think it's the gear on the back of the pump. It won't hurt anything will it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Make sure all the hose clamps going to and from the intercooler are tight. That will definitely cause a high pitched whine noise that is hard to find. Sometimes will only be audible under hard acceleration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.