Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a little curious!

what manufacture, makes the loudest whistle:woot:

and i am looking for recemendations for best turbo overall!

streetability and best response!

in the 600 hp range

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Not sure. But straight pipe and no air filter helps, high flow air filter, over sized air filter like of a piece of heavy equiment.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
The BD super B single doesn't whistle much at all... nothing near what my HX35 did

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive heard turbonetics twins at a tractor pull and it sounded like a jet airplane about to take off!:peelout

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Just about any Holset is going to give youa Whistle you like Also Turbonetics. HTT are very responsive not much whistle and II is the same way.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
My Aurora 5000 doesnt really whistle loud until around 55-60 lbs. of boost. anything under that its basically silent. I heard thru the grapevine that the Garrett Ball Bearing turbos create quite a whistle and are very responsive.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I know this girl w/ a ford...

Sounds like a plane.:clapmean:

·
Banned
5,591 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Don't know what kind of turbo they use now but Ford used to use Garrett. The old 7.3's straight piped were loud as hell.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
pull you silencer ring and instead of a torque tube use a piece of 4 inch exhaust pipe for the center pipe. It will whistle like crazy, problem solved. total cost about 7 bucks for the pipe if you dont have any laying around.

·
SC Chapter President
1,024 Posts
I have a Super B and mine whistles a nice little tune with my BHAF. If you can find a Scotty Air intake they make a turbo scream.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i was looking for the same thing, like the powerjoke tailpipe wistle, what are they doing to get that sound?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Someone will chime in who is running a Garrett BB turbo. Thats why the powerstrokes are so loud.

I thought my 5000 would be louder with a BHAF. I done thought wrong.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts