Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a very loud rattle and loss of power if I accelerate hard, normally happens between 1500-2000 rpm, gets worse if I turn up the fuel or timing with my juice with attitude, I’ve replaced the fuel pump/ fuel filter/ fca/ and put in a rail plug, still no change.

The truck will blow black smoke but will clear up immediately when the rattling/ power loss happens, almost like it’s losing rail pressure, don’t have a video of my truck but this guys truck is doing the same exact thing as mine.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Getting a very loud rattle and loss of power if I accelerate hard, normally happens between 1500-2000 rpm, gets worse if I turn up the fuel or timing with my juice with attitude, I’ve replaced the fuel pump/ fuel filter/ fca/ and put in a rail plug, still no change.

The truck will blow black smoke but will clear up immediately when the rattling/ power loss happens, almost like it’s losing rail pressure, don’t have a video of my truck but this guys truck is doing the same exact thing as mine.

Have you looked at rail pressure with a tuner or scanner? Could be a sensor....

Reactions: Alex8710

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you looked at rail pressure with a tuner or scanner? Could be a sensor....
haven’t looked at rail pressure yet, don’t have a gauge or monitor capable of doing that, are you thinking bad rail pressure sensor? Gonna get a heat gun and see if I have a cylinder running hotter/colder, I’ve never seen a bad injector do something like this though.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
haven’t looked at rail pressure yet, don’t have a gauge or monitor capable of doing that, are you thinking bad rail pressure sensor? Gonna get a heat gun and see if I have a cylinder running hotter/colder, I’ve never seen a bad injector do something like this though.
High rail pressure will make a CR rattle like a 12 valve.

You need a good monitor or scanner to look at all PIDs. AlfaOBD is a popular tool...

As they say...

Reactions: tryNto
1 - 4 of 4 Posts