Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Fass 150/150. Used to, when it would rain and I guess a little water would get on the pump or somthin, it ould make ridiculous loud, slurping noises. Well, it has gotten to where it does it all of the time now. It is so loud that I can hear it over my radio sometimes. I am still maintaining good fuel pressure. I would like to get rid of the noise though!!!!

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
From what I have heard, welcome to the world of FASS...You may have a problem, but many people say they are loud, that is why I chose an Airdog...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but the thing that I don't get is that it used to never do this....

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
I am not sure...I would say someone will chime in...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I installed a FASS last fall, I don't think it is that noisy, from what I hear the later models are some what quieter. I would guess you may have an issue, keep an eye on that pressure gauge.

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,009 Posts
I have a Fass 150/150. Used to, when it would rain and I guess a little water would get on the pump or somthin, it ould make ridiculous loud, slurping noises. Well, it has gotten to where it does it all of the time now. It is so loud that I can hear it over my radio sometimes. I am still maintaining good fuel pressure. I would like to get rid of the noise though!!!!

If you have an older FASS you can send it in for an update. Talk with Diesel-Dan http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/d...4-give-me-your-fass-questions-part-ii-31.html. Ask him if you can send it in for the update and have them quiet it down for you. My buddy did this with his FASS HPFP and they updated all of his internals in the pump and everything :thumbsup. You will just need to find a replacement lift pump while yours goes in for the update. Hope this helps out man :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input guys....keep the opinions comin

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump??????

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Get with Dan. There are a few things that cam make the FASS noisier. One is a restriction on the suction side. That can really make some noise. Check over the installation real good and see if you have a kinked hose or something like that.
The update would be a good idea as well.

·
Registered
752 Posts
mine got really loud just like yours so i had my dealer contact fass and even though it wasnt under warrnty they sent me a new one for 170 and boy is that thing quiet

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,009 Posts
mine got really loud just like yours so i had my dealer contact fass and even though it wasnt under warrnty they sent me a new one for 170 and boy is that thing quiet

Great thing is FASS now has the lifetime warranty...so there should not be a problem with sending it in and having it updated :thumbsup.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Great thing is FASS now has the lifetime warranty...so there should not be a problem with sending it in and having it updated :thumbsup.
Well there are some limitations but more or less, yes.

The Lifetime wnty only applies to units made in 2008 and you still have to register for it. If the pump is not registered or missing required information, it will only carry a one year wnty.

Anything made before 2008 will carry the wnty terms that was in the box.

Any update is not based on wnty. This it open to any pump.

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,009 Posts
Well there are some limitations but more or less, yes.

The Lifetime wnty only applies to units made in 2008 and you still have to register for it. If the pump is not registered or missing required information, it will only carry a one year wnty.

Anything made before 2008 will carry the wnty terms that was in the box.

Any update is not based on wnty. This it open to any pump.

Well that is good information to know. Thanks Dan :thumbsup.

That is good news about any pump being available for upadate..good stuff man :thumbsup:thumbsup

So all products made 08 and after will carry the lifetime warrarnty? As long as the necessary paperwork has been sent in?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts