Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I just ripped my out-put shaft into a 2 piece racing shaft, what do guys think. It happend on a fairly hard throttle pulling off a green light. A little better than 10,000 lbs of a load on. The rest of the tranny is built but my output is stock still.

O, and I had my bully dog on extreme.........opsie!:banghead::lol4:

· Registered
208 Posts
does your drive shaft still turn and the wheels dont? just an idea seen it before

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drive shaft no turney. No park either. It just rolls in park so it's in the tranny no doubt!

· Registered
1,534 Posts
Yeah input or output maybe. Input breaking can trash your torque converter and pump! Cross yo fingers!

· Registered
488 Posts
Sorry about the breakage, but I'd say output, and thats usually not that bad.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I guess it wont hurt to tear out the OD section and pull it apart first and check on that output shaft. I have a good, well not really a good feeling, that it is the out put shaft. There was no grinding or crunching after the initial BANG so it sounds like a snapping shaft.

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pulled the OD off and yup, definately the output shaft! New billet one on order!:thumbsup:

Anyone wanna buy a 2 piece racing output cheap?:lol4:

· Premium Member
3,161 Posts
Just to throw this out there for any other members that may search this topic - If you don't have park then it is the output shaft. Only exception is the rare time something lets go in the t case.

· Premium Member
19,670 Posts
Pulled the OD off and yup, definately the output shaft! New billet one on order!:thumbsup:

Anyone wanna buy a 2 piece racing output cheap?:lol4:
Once you see the billet output shaft (if you haven't already) you'll understand why the stock shaft should be replaced. :thumbsup:

Don't want to buy one, but I'll sell ya a "modified" billet input shaft. :lol4:

· If you aint 1st..Ure LAST
2,276 Posts
Just to throw this out there for any other members that may search this topic - If you don't have park then it is the output shaft. Only exception is the rare time something lets go in the t case.
i broke my input and didnt have park....:confused013:

· If you aint 1st..Ure LAST
2,276 Posts
That is rather odd. You should have still had park with a busted input. :confused013:
my truck does alot of stuff it isnt sopose to...like break rearend twice in same spot.....weird:lol4:

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine didn't have park either, but it's hard to get into park if you cannot move the truck.
That makes some sense, if it is in between the park notches unless you get the parking gear to spin some way it won't lock in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.