Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving down the interstate today and my 93 one ton lost power and It wont rev more than 2000 under load and 55 to 60 is top speed in fifth gear.
After it sat for a couple of hours it started and pulled as usual but after about 3 miles it lost power again. When I got home I opened the hood and at full throttle it seemed to be missing and there is LOTS of black smoke. Pump problem? Help!!!! This is the only truck I have to pull my Bobcat and business is finally kind of picking up!

·
Super Moderator
23,312 Posts
Sounds like water in your fuel filter, when you change it dump the contents out into a clean container to see if water is in it. Make sure the filter is above freezing so the water will come out if any in there.

Reactions: olddude

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep that was it. Thanks so much. I changed the filter but I didn't get a new o-ring for the heater/ pre-filter and the old one leaks. I need to get a new one tomorrow, We used to call them quad-rings back in the 70's when I worked on Detroit Diesels and Komatsu as the ring is square if you look at a cross section of the ring. Thanks again.

·
Registered
263 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts