Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my last post I had a pushrod failure on #3 exhaust. I replaced all of em with a set from haisley. Truck has been setting since monday. I got the new push tubes installed this evening, adjusted valves, climbed in the cab to take her for a test drive, fired it up and I about crapped my pants when I heard and felt a dead cylinder. I thought for sure I had some valve damage or something on #3. After some investigation, I lost #5. I cracked the line with it running and it is getting fuel, but I'm not sure if it is enough. It is real foamy, and I thought would spray more. Since a P pump has a plunger for each cylinder, I guess it is possible to just loose one cylinder, or is it?????? Im going swap 1 and 5 injectors tomorrow to cross out it being an injector problem. I found out the truck was sucking its own fuel a few weeks after I bought it when I installed gauges, so I guess It could be hurt. Truck has 130k

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
#5 in the pump is trashed. I pulled the holder and dv and pulled a bunch of metal shavings out with a magnet. Im sure metal has spread and was a matter of time for the rest of em. Always something.........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.