Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed lately that if Run the RPM's over 2000 it feels like the power just falls off.
Also if im driving down the freeway and the rpms are over 2000 my gass mileage goes down about 5-6 mpgs.
Does this sound like a boost leak to anyone else? or is this normal?

2001 ctd 24v 5speed manual trans.

·
Go for Broke
6,694 Posts
have you checked for codes?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have had a similar prob in the past the tachometer would drop off anytime it went past 2000 rpm which caused the truck to defuel horibly, the head lights would dim and brighten, and the cluster would do the same. I had lack of power and once I lifted my foot it eventually pickup again. - This was all becasue of my crankcase position sensor above the starter. But I would serriosly check for codes first. I believe they may have stoped putting the CPS in 2001 though. Dose your cluster pannel foul up when this happens?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Graphic man this is in regards to your sig. I see you have the Adrenaline. How do you like it? Also can you really stack it with the Edge Drag Comp?

·
Go for Broke
6,694 Posts
it works great....no i would not stack it with anything.....it makes tons of power all on it own :thumbsup

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think in 2001 the cam position sensor took over the job of the crank sensor.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes, I thought I also heard that. Maybe it could be that? Code reader is the best way, and then he can let us know what the code is from there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Graphic Man, I can't wait to get mine, it is on back order. I Should have it by next week, along with my BD adjustable waste gate. so they say!! Should I have many worries tapping the pump wire?

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts