Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 ram 2500 5.9
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I’m almost given up on my 95 2500 lol. I’ve hsd her many years and she’s my zombie truck.
I went to replace rotors and pads, calipers and now for the life of me after one time braking the next 3 pushes of the pedal i seem to not have brake assist, or vacuum to stop. I’m literally standing on the pedal slowly coming to a stop. Pedal goes to ground at stop unless pumped up. Absolutely not one vacuum leak present.

what I’m in this for
2 master cylinders
3 brake boosters
All new brake lines
New rotors calipers and pads
New rear drums and shoes wirh Chevy one ton wheel cylinders
New vacuum pump
All new vacuum hoses

IM LOST. I’ve bleed gallons or brake fluid through. I haven’t bled the rear wheel bullshut thing because i know i don’t have abs, but I’ve been told they shouldn’t be an issue. My only other though dare maybe the pads are bad, or to soft, or the rear wheel speed sensors are bad. I can’t even get the wheels to lock up though so I’m unclear. Hope you guys can help, it’s my first post here! Sorry to come just looking for help. I’m pretty knowledgeable able to hope fo be able to repay the debt lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Any chance you put the calipers on with the bleed nipple facing down and not up? They’ll never bleed with nipple pointing to the ground.

·
Registered
95 ram 2500 5.9
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any chance you put the calipers on with the bleed nipple facing down and not up? They’ll never bleed with nipple pointing to the ground.
Yeah i checked that hoping i made an easy mistake but they are on right.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Sounds like your hydroboost is not working

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Get a carburetor vacuum pump and gauge and remove the main line from the vacuum pump and apply vacuum and see if it holds it. If not there is a leak. Put gauge on it running to test the pump. Remember teh leak does not have to be near the brakes, it could be some other line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts