Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drivers side on my new (to me) 96 Ram is so loose it won't stay in place if I get up any speed at all, it just swings in. Very annoying. Is there an adjustment anywhere? Thanks.
Texred

·
Registered
896 Posts
I believe that their is, but you have to remove the base cover to get to it. The bolts that hold the mirror on are behind the door panel, in case you need to pull the mirror to fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
what mirror is it? the chrome one, flip out one, or the tri pod one.

the tri pod ones are a POS and the threads inside get loose and worn, i even tried to epoxy the whole inside of the mirror and outside to stop swinging. helped only a little but still swang at 70mph on a windy day. i finally bought the flipout mirrors they are the best that i seen, but little pricy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not a tri-pod, the mirror is mounted on a single curved piece that comes out of a cover. I bet there is some adjustment under the cover or behind the door panel as you said. Thanks.

·
Registered
742 Posts
It's not a tri-pod, the mirror is mounted on a single curved piece that comes out of a cover. I bet there is some adjustment under the cover or behind the door panel as you said. Thanks.
There's no adjustment.
There's a metal "plate" that gets worn out... or, as in my case, completely rusted out.

I fixed this relatively easily, and dirt cheap.

1- Remove the door panel... then remove the mirrors
2- you will see the "single curved piece" on the "base" that attaches to the door
3- Dremel-out two slots on the base, next to both sides of the curved piece
4- Now take a hose-clamp (worm-screw type), and open it up... then "thread" it into one of the holes, then through the back, then back out through the other hole
5- now tighten the hose-clamp... and the mirrors are fixed!

Let me know if you want pics.
This solved my swinging-mirror problems for ever.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

-- AJ

Reactions: Texred

·
Registered
69 Posts
There's no adjustment.
There's a metal "plate" that gets worn out... or, as in my case, completely rusted out.

I fixed this relatively easily, and dirt cheap.

Let me know if you want pics.

Yes please pics...Im dealing with same issue!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Ok, I'll upload some pics late tonight.
:)
Update: Sorry man... I got back home last night very late, and the freaking 'net connection went down at the house.

Today I'll upload the pics for sure.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
No Worries, I'm on your time so I can't complain. I could but it would just make me a duche

·
Registered
742 Posts
Ok, here we go!

I don't have pictures of how it was built... yet these will help.

OMG!!!!!!
JesusHChrist!
What the heck is up with the company that runs CumminsForums?!?!

I have to PAY to upload pictures?!
Something that HELPS the community!

It is in the best interest of this website (and the company that runs it) to have its members upload pictures to its servers.
That way, in the future, the pictures are still there... no "ghost" pictures of when somebody closes an ImageBucket account or something like that.

I remember one year ago, I paid for the upgraded Membership because I wanted to do my "Removing Dashboard and Replacing Evaporator" thread.
Yet that subscription expired about 1 week ago... and now, when I went to upload, it tells me that the picture "Exceeds your quota by 4.92 MB."

SAY WTF!
I ain't paying for this again... this is ridiculous.
The community is what's hurting with their decision to limit uploads.

Roguescottsman, please PM your eMail address, and I'll send you the two pics I have.
They clearly show how to fix the mirrors with a simple hose clamp.
Never have had a problem since I did this simple and quick fix.

And moderators... please send an eMail to the people in charge of the website.
Sense, this does not make.

Sorry to the rest for the rant.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i ran a screw right through the plastic in there. fixed! but I also knew I was eventually getting towing mirrors....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts