Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck has 45K miles, easy use with moderate towing. When I'm driving the truck I can feel something loose in the steering and the pedals too when going over bumps. I have a freespin kit so I'm sure my axle u joints are okay. I took it to a front end place and they said everything checked out okay in terms of ball joints or tie rods. I have the 08.5 steering. Track bar? Driver side sway bar end link is leaking grease, could that be it? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I would guess its the intermediate steering shaft. It goes from the firewall to the steering box. I've read several posts about people with that issue and the intermediate shaft fixed it right up. Borg Warner I believe makes a good unit.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I just changed mine with a Borgeson shaft and the loose clunk is still there. I can feel it mainly at 30-45 mph going over bumps, it just feels like something is loose in the front suspension even though I can't find anything.:confused013:
I also ordered new sway bar end links, at this point I'm just throwing parts at it hoping it'll stop. I mainly feel it in the steering wheel and a bit in the pedals, not on the floor boards.:banghead:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts