Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Dodge Ram 2500
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, before anything I would like to say that I have tried doing research on finding what to upgrade in a 48RE when keeping the power stock and I haven’t had much luck. Everything I find is for people looking to make 400hp and up l. That’s not me, I want to keep my truck stock and reliable. My 48RE has been slipping bad and it keeps getting worse day by day it feels like im pulling a huge trailer. I’m ruling out basic faults since I’ve already taken care of regular maintenance on the transmission and is still slipping. Right now I’m pretty set on buying the BD diesel stage 3 Heavy Duty transmission rebuild kit https://us.bddiesel.com/products/bu...stage-3-heavy-duty-kit?variant=30073763070016
And having it done by a reputable shop around where I live. Now since the transmission is going to be off and worked on I wanted to see what you guys would recommend to also upgrade just for making the transmission much more reliable. Like I said I’m not planning on making any kind of power gains I want to keep a nice reliable and running truck. I’m planing on buying a camper in the near future too just in case it matters for when it comes to parts but other than that I don’t do any towing. I’d much appreciate you guys’s input on this and thanks in advance ! Wish all of you guys a happy thanksgiving.

·
Registered
2003 Dodge Ram 2500
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Being a former 48re owner, I second the 3 pedals vote!! But that's not for everyone.. if 48re is your thing, those guys all have good reputations. Can't go wrong with them.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
As much as I’d love a manual I can’t afford a new transmission at the moment. Which is why I decided to just upgrade the 48RE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts