Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking to hit 600hp-700hp what will i need. say yay or nay to my list and feel free to add to what i already want, looking to keep truck looking stock on the outside and able to tow when needed. also not wanting to use nos at all

guages fp/rp/trans temp/boost/pyro
airdog ??/??
75-100hp injectors
a set of twins preferible keeping stock turbo as one
head studs
4" exhaust
propane injection
water meth
intake horn
tranny

what else will i need?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I am looking to hit 600hp-700hp what will i need. say yay or nay to my list and feel free to add to what i already want, looking to keep truck looking stock on the outside and able to tow when needed. also not wanting to use nos at all

guages fp/rp/trans temp/boost/pyro
airdog ??/??
125-150hp injectors
a set of twins preferible keeping stock turbo as one use a 62/71/13 over a s480
head studs
4" exhaust
propane injection wont need
water meth wont need
Floor It Stage 3 or Dual Pumps

what else will i need?

i edited your post to my opinion but should be right at 700hp

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its an 03/04 and the reason i say 75/100 injectors is because i tow a 12000 lb boat +fuel and supplies and i heard i shouldn't be towing with sticks over 100hp. and i am getting propane injection anyways because i know a guy that will sell it to me for cost

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
its an 03/04 and the reason i say 75/100 injectors is because i tow a 12000 lb boat +fuel and supplies and i heard i shouldn't be towing with sticks over 100hp. and i am getting propane injection anyways because i know a guy that will sell it to me for cost
If that same guy could get a natural gas injection kit for cost it would be much much better for many reasons.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sadly he can't he sells propane and propane accessories...(just like hank hill) so he can only get a deal on propane stuff

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
i was just saying if you were going to go with twins then you wouldnt really need the propane. and with it being a 03-04 truck they run great with big injectors and a 150 hp injector with twins isn't that big. towing 12k with a good set of twins (62 over a 480) you wouldnt get over 1200* with 150's.

Danny

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I would strongly discourage you from buying a propane kit. Propane is more expensive than diesel fuel per BTU. It makes absolutely no sense to do this. You WILL get a small increase in combustion efficiency with propane but not enough to offset the cost of the kit and the more expensive fuel.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats good to know, isn't propane supposed to be like nos, just a shot when you press the button, or is it like water/meth when it comes on at set points

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
as far as propane goes thats one of those connection things, i get propane for a bit above cost because my dad works for a propane company so i get it for his price about $0.25 per litre

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
thats good to know, isn't propane supposed to be like nos, just a shot when you press the button, or is it like water/meth when it comes on at set points
You can do it however you want. I will be doing natural gas injection which is similar to propane. I will actually have it come on at idle and increase with boost.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
as far as propane goes thats one of those connection things, i get propane for a bit above cost because my dad works for a propane company so i get it for his price about $0.25 per litre
Wow. Thats not fair.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
CNG is still cheaper. And propane is going to get more expensive. CNG will not rise in price for about 5 years.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well propane injection will probably be the last thing i get then and only if i am under my mark, sounds like you guys really don't like it

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The only advantage propane has over cng is that you can store more of it in the truck.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I would also consider getting rid of the juice in favor of a pressure box - mp-8 or EZ or Dr. P

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
well propane injection will probably be the last thing i get then and only if i am under my mark, sounds like you guys really don't like it
because its a waste of time and if you want advise maybe you should listen instead of saying im "buying it anyway"

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
i have thought about that but i like the on the fly adjustments
The timing of the edge is not as good as that of the smarty. If you want to keep the edge, I would STILL suggest getting a pressure box.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts