Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking into the 6.7 cummins and really seem to like it. from what i have read on here seems like the dpf delete and egr delete aint that bad to do. but i have seen a lot of people on here delete the grid heater. what do you gain by deleteing the grid heater. dosent the grid heater heat the engine on cold starts? and also is there any kits for a 5" straight exhaust system that i can buy? with out soldering resistors in wires to the dpf (not that it wouldnt work but idk if i would be interested in doing that) and also what is a good programmer for these trucks?
like i say so far i seem to like the 6.7 but if they are problematic or really hard to do this kind of stuff to i might be better off with the 5.9. thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Do a little more reading in the 6.7 section and you will find most of your answers. The grid heater in the 6.7 sits down in the intak plenum and restricts air flow. I put a relocation package on that moves the grid heater to the intake tube for less restriction.

As far as exhaust Flo-pro makes kits specifically for DPF deletes as well as a couple of other companies. You can use just about any 04.5+ TBE exhaust ont these trucks. You can buy sims to use in the exhaust sensors but your best bet is to buy a programmer from H&S or Smarty. Once deleted your really won't regret a 6.7:thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man i test drove that 09 and really liked it g56 4 dood dually. i loved that exhaust brake and that would almost sell me the truck lol. just curious how dose that exhaust brake sound with a straight exhaust?
and the one i looked at had 80k miles, it had a hissing that sounded like it was coming from the steering coulmn but only when there was no presure on the steering wheel(like when you wernt touching the steering wheel) it had a hissing that sounded like air. wonder what that could be. dealership said that they would fix that if i bought it tho

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
I would be leary of that dealership if they can hear the hiss but haven't fixed it yet so the customer couldn't hear it. Makes no sense to me....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea me to. i mean i know its a dealership and they will tell you what you want to hear but the guy swore up and down it hadnt done it before so you never know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts