Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 18 Laramie and looking to add cargo cam.. Whats the best option.. looking to do it my self..

·
Cummins Freak
3,252 Posts
I added an OEM cargo camera on my 2018 bighorn. Bought the Camera for $300 and mpGrimm on the Ram forum made the harness needed to go from the camera to the plug on the drivers side of the dash. I activated everything with the alfaOBD. Works great!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also added one to a Laramie off of Amazon. Fairly easy install. If you have the console, you will have to remove the top of it before you can remove the radio bezel. I installed the camera with the switch to change between the tailgate camera and cargo camera.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I also added one to a Laramie off of Amazon. Fairly easy install. If you have the console, you will have to remove the top of it before you can remove the radio bezel. I installed the camera with the switch to change between the tailgate camera and cargo camera.
Went to a Kenwood head unit, and lost my cargo cam (maestro says their working on it) and stereo shop says I'll have to get a aftermarket cargo cam to integrate with the new H.U. What I don't get - if the backup cam works with the Kenwood H.U. wouldn't I be able to use a switch to toggle between the cargo cam and the backup cam? What switch are you speaking of?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don’t know if it would work with the Kenwood unit. The switch is part of the set up. Here is the link to what I purchased. 3rd Brake Light Cargo Camera to Factory Radio, 2013-2018 Dodge Ram Trucks. Plug & Play T Harness with Switcher. Works with Factory Tailgate Camera (Truck Must Have a Factory Tailgate Handle Camera)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the reply.. I found this company Infotainment.com ,that sells a oem unit and has a new harness. seems simple has anyone used this company? thanks Adam

·
Registered
196 Posts
thanks for the reply.. I found this company Infotainment.com ,that sells a oem unit and has a new harness. seems simple has anyone used this company? thanks Adam
HA! They want $749.95 for the 3rd brake light cam setup.... forget that!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
HA! They want $749.95 for the 3rd brake light cam setup.... forget that!
They used to offer a non-oem camera, doesn't look like they do anymore. I see Dorman makes one for a decent price. I've had good luck with their parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts