Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some things to look for on these i want one from 94-98.5 with the five speed and i know about the 5th gear and the kdp. anything else and how do you tell the hp difference or is that just by the pump? thanks in advanced

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on guys just lookin for a little info

·
Registered
609 Posts
use the search button. but i can tell you anything 96^ is a 215hp motor.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im looking at a 94 right now, which is in really good shape how much hp is that factory and how much can the stock pump produce on it?

·
Registered
203 Posts
rated at 160hp from the factory, and im assuming you mean how much power can u make with a 160 pump, more than you need for a dd imo. brad ponci had a 160hp pump on his blue drag truck and that thing would make you sh*t your panties. he was at least in the 600's maybe 700 horse. not for sure

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so different years have diff hp pumps? if so what are the years and ratings?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Don't not buy an earier year truck that you could get a good deal on just because the factory pump has a lower hp rating. You can make those early pumps put the fuel to make the power. If you have cash to spend get a 97 or 98 5speed but i would not pass up a good deal on an earlier model just because of the p.pump. just my .02

·
Registered
549 Posts
Google my friend..........
94-95 auto 160hp
94-95 man 175hp
96-98 auto 180hp
96-98 man 215hp

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys keep it coming. i come from messing with a electronic duramax haha. which i totaled three weeks ago so i am looking for cheap reliable fun transportation.

·
Registered
596 Posts
What else do you want to know? I think most of the basics can be found in a sticky or by using the search button.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what are some things to look for when buying these trucks?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Same things you would look at when buying any used vehicle, what previous owner has done to it, how well it has been maintained, condition of the body, normal wear and tear stuff, and mileage.

·
Registered
589 Posts
look for the same things you would if it was a gas motor. look at the pump and check to see if the tamper proof bolt is still there. if not ask questions about mods. if it is there even better!! that means you've got a virgin truck. kinda like a blank canvas. good luck to you.

rande

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys! like i said im new to all the mechanical motors. i have messed with big cummins and cat motors and such i guess these are next to the same thing just on a smaller level. Im really startin to miss the dmax bad haha. but i think i will enjoy a new cheap beginning while in school. them dmax parts are $$$$

1 - 16 of 16 Posts