Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 ram that has the stock chrome wheels. I mistakenly bought a set of OEM alloy wheels from a 2000 model and they did not fit. The hole would barely fit over the hub on the front and they hit the brake drums on the rear. Aggrivated about my mistake, I took the fronts off before checking the clearance on the steering linkage, so I don't know if that was a problem or not. I really just want a set of stock alloys, so I would like to know if you guys think a 17" alloy oem wheel off of a newer Dodge model say a 2003 or 2004 would fit? Is the bolt pattern the same? I think the 17" wheel would clear the brake drums on the rear, but would I have any problems up front? Please help!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
are these the ones you got?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Just to be sure! Would anything newer than a 2004 model work? Obviously, there are a lot more takeoffs available from newer models? Also, if anyone has a pic of stock 17's on a 2nd Gen please post it.

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,031 Posts
all the 3 gen wheels interchange so you should be good to go on any you find

·
Registered
5 Posts
Will 16" stock wheels from 2001-2002 fit a 2004 w/17 wheels"?

I just bought a 2004 ram 2500 qclb and it has a set of 17"x9" Helo Maxx 8 chromed aluminum wheels that I really don't like...I would love to have 16" wheels on it since everything else I own has 16" tires (cost less/more sizes available/higher weight rating/interchangability).

Does anyone know if the stock 2001-2002 Dodge Ram 8-lug 16" wheels will fit my 2004? (8 lug on 6.5, or 165mm).

I would be willing to sell or trade my wheels, preferably for 16" stock aluminums (if they would fit), or 17" stock aluminums. Email me for pics ([email protected]).
Thanks,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts