Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an idea for a new custom intercooler. Nothing radical, just good function and looks. I don't think anyone's done it before. Is there anyone in the S.E. Michigan area willing to try it out? If your interested, please contact me, and I can tell you more about it. I'll be building it at cost for the candidate.
Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't matter really. Just one that will accept a custom intercooler, that shouldn't eliminate anyone really. My interest is to get someone to help pay for the materials, and let me do my thing (I can show ample examples of my ability, you won't get junk) the test patient gets a cheap(er) intercooler out of the deal, I get to try out my design and take some pictures. It's nothing to crazy, just a thought that popped in my head a few weeks ago. I did some searching, I don't think anyone else has come up with it. That's why I don't want to spill the beans publicly until I have a prototype.
Ryan

·
Registered
131 Posts
Crap. I used to live literally around the corner from you in Milan. I was at the end of Plank Road at the corner of Wanty. I used to run the '98 5.9 Grand Cherokee on Wednesday nights at the test and tunes at the dragstrip once in a while. I loved the looks people gave me when I lined up. Then I ran 14.4's and they had a different look the next time down the track. :peelout

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live on Darling, where townsend jogs around. That's about right around the corner as it gets!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I'm sure you'd get plenty of bites. If i had the green i'd drop mine off to ya no prob.

Good Luck
Curtis

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Curtis, if it makes any difference, I am thinking of doing this project later in the season. Currently I'm already a few projects deep. Probably a month or two out. I have to source the core still, but I'm thinking the new intercooler will probably cost around $500 in materials. I know that's a big pill to swallow in this economy, that's part of why it's not going to be on my truck first.

Ryan

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sent you a PM, let's get in touch, see if we can come up with something.
Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
sounds like a beer drinking event :thumbsup:beer

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't drink actually. But really, who wants their fabricator to be buzzed? No one likes wavy welds!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
come on over I need a pyro installed

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
come on over I need a pyro installed
How about the 14th? i still need to install my stack. LOL If i get ambition i'll my tubing tapped so i can install my traction bars as well! Might have my new injectors by then too!!! HURRY UP GUS! LOL

What's BBRam and Oldfart up to these days ?

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
Good lord, there is work to be done and all you cats can think about is beer. :thud:

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
Good lord, there is work to be done and all you cats can think about is beer. :thud:
yup :thumbsup :beer

and like your any better :T: :lol3:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts