Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Which trans do you prefer? The NV5600, the G56, or the Automatic?

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for someone, who knows what they are doing, to swap my truck from the 48RE to a G56. My truck is an 06, and already has the floor console. I would attempt to do the swap myself, but when I just don't have the time to, due to so many other things going on. I am located in Gallatin, TN, about 30 minutes northeast of Nashville. I don't have a G56 to go in the truck yet, but I'm trying to find out how much it's going to cost me to have it done, before I go ahead and decide to do it.

Also, is there anybody selling a G56, with the clutch pedal assembly, and a good clutch? I would trade my auto to someone, but my auto currently has an undiagnosed problem, at the moment. I'm leaning towards thinking that it is a solenoid issue, though. Although, it could be something else, since I haven't had the trans taken out of the truck, yet, so the issue could be fully diagnosed.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it would be cheaper to do a built auto. I use my Cummins to tow a lot, though, and I prefer having the stick to tow with. I have a built 03 Duramax with a PPE stage 6 in it, if I wanna have fun with an auto. Plus, I've already had the auto replaced twice under warranty, and now it's gone out again, but it's no longer under warranty, so I'm ready to go in a different direction with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump.

I'm still looking for someone to do this with. Preferably somewhere in, or around middle TN. I'm located just outside of Gallatin, about 35-40 minutes northeast of Nashville. The 48RE is currently still in my truck, but could be removed pretty easily. The only issue with the 48RE is that one of the solenoids is bad, or maybe something to do with the valve body. The issue it causes is that the truck seems to just be in neutral when you shift it into gear, but it'll sort of her every now and then like it wants to go into gear and move, but then it goes back to how it was, and acts like it's in neutral again. It does it no matter what gear your in, reverse, drive, 2nd, & 1st. I've also tried putting it into 4WD to see if that made a difference, but it acted the same way in or out of 4WD.

Thanks in advance,
JaySmo

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts