Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my 05 has a dynamax muffler And 4" tail pipe. The tailpipe rotted off and the muffler is starting to look crunchy. I daily drive the truck and I tow allot I also need to be able to plow with it without disturbing the neighbours looking for something relatively quiet. I like the sound of the dynamax but would like stainless.

What does everybody run for this type of configuration?

·
Mike @ Dude's Diesel Performance
2013 Ram 2500 CCLB - A long list of extras
585 Posts
Diamond Eye muffler or similar brand (larger the better up to 51''). Shoot me a PM if you'd like pricing on one. If you really want quiet then throw a resonator after the downpipe as well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Corsa used to make an awesome cat back but now you can only get the muffler.

It's expensive but everything about it is top notch, no drone at all and just a little louder. The muffler is straight through.

Reactions: rghavana

·
White Lightning
12,237 Posts
51” Donaldson...

Reactions: rghavana

·
Registered
140 Posts
My 51” Donaldson, on a 5”, is pretty quiet. I probably should have got a 4” because I hear they’re noticeably quieter..

Reactions: gsbrockman

·
Registered
2005 ram 3500
96 Posts
Big truck muffler like a big 51 Donaldson or any semi muffler is what you need. Diamond eye sells one also. I took it a step further and did a quiet resonator downpipe also.

Half thinking about stuffing a resonator in there too. It’s not quite stock quiet right now but it’s close.

·
Registered
10,798 Posts
Big truck muffler like a big 51 Donaldson or any semi muffler is what you need. Diamond eye sells one also. I took it a step further and did a quiet resonator downpipe also.

Half thinking about stuffing a resonator in there too. It’s not quite stock quiet right now but it’s close.
I'm contemplating that myself. Either that or a stock muffler. I have a Shuttelworth HD diesel muffler on there now. It's not a straight through design but still too loud for me. My hearing's 70 yrs old now and I don't need the competition.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My biggest issue up this way is there's nobody that could bend fabricate or do anything with for 3 and a 1/2 inch or larger. So have to start with some type of kit to do it the one on my truck right now is trashed.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
My experience with Diamondeye.
I had a diamond eye 4" 409SS turbo back system .
good tone, no drone, pretty loud but I'm half deaf so really does not bother me.
Pipes are good heavy gauge mandrel bent 409ss, made in USA.
Down pipe weld from my HE341 to 4 inch pipe weld-on adapter started to rust day after I put it on.
Muffler 20"+/- or so inches long, 7+/-" diameter straight thru design, muffler welds started rusting in a couple of days after install.
Hangers are attached to clamps ie bolt on hangers not welded to pipes like better brands, which actually makes it more customizable, but took a couple of days driving to get it to settle in, sit right/adjusted so no rattles/rubbing.

The big issue to me was all their clamps/hangers were zinc coated iron, and all started rusting badly in less then 1 week.
When I contacted Diamondeye about it, they first said clamps were stainless coated with zinc, not true.
Then they confessed they did not sell their 409ss systems with stainless clamps to keep cost down which I understand, but they do not inform you of this in assembly parts/tech info which clearly states SS clamps kit.
Then to top it off, they would not even sell me their SS clamps at an extra cost, told me to remove and return exhaust if I did not like it.
At that point I contacted cc company and disputed complete exhaust as not what I paid for, per their misleading tech info, got refund.
The vender I purchased from , Meyers Performance was useless/no help ignored my inquiries once they got their money, and in my experience, pipes are good sound is good but everything else is garbage, and Diamond eye customer service sucks. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts