Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I've got a set of 35 x 12.5 x 17 KO2s on my truck with less than 10,000 miles and after multiple attempts at balancing both internally and externally it's been determined that 3 of the 4 tires have an out of round issue with one of those tires being rather extreme.
I purchased the tires out of state and had them shipped in. Several months later after completing the install of my Carli system, I had the tires mounted on a set of Method wheels and immediately noticed a vibration problem. The problem only occurs between 60 - 65 mph. The truck is not a daily driver so I took my time to go through the suspension again to ensure that I hadn't screwed something up. After determining that everything was good with the suspension I had the tires rebalanced by another shop. But the vibration was still there between 60 - 65 mph. I did some research and elected to try using balancing beads. After installation the vibration was still there. Again I went through the suspension checking air pressure in the shocks, etc. The next balancing attempt was made using a Hunter GSP9000 balancing machine. The guys at Havoc Offroad in my home town put the tires through a road force balance and were able to make the determination about the tires as mentioned above.
Since I purchased them out of state over a year ago I'm hoping to find a BFGoodrich rep who could help me with this dilemma. If anyone knows of someone in the Central Kentucky area please let me know.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts