Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to start fixing up an old first gen cummins and a turbo, injectors, and hvlp lift pump are first on the list... anybody have a lead on a he351 in good condition?

Thanks,
Carson

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have the turbo from my 05. No play, good shape when removed.

·
Registered
592 Posts
If you don't have gauges... Those should be first on your list, or you'll most likely end up with a parts truck... Fill out your signature.. HE351 though, with what your goin to do an HX35 is practically a 45 minute job vs. building or sourcing the stuff to make the piping... Welcome to the forums and the chapter!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice, I already have gauges,but thinking about swapping them out already... a buddy gave me some glowshifts, but i dont know if i trust them. I have my eyes open for some isspro, but regardless, i will have gauges first.

Also, im not afraid of a little fabrication, used to do it for a living and still enjoy doing it on the side. Im new to Diesels, but not new to automotive in general.

·
Registered
592 Posts
If i was to do it again I would have just got an s300 based turbo I.e. A s362 would probably be enough to do what you would like to do with it. Injectors I would suggest a set of 5x.014 sac injectors from Diesel auto power, that's where I got mine... Really good prices and great guy to deal with, as for the gauges I run the glowshi* gauges and haven't had a problem... Yet... But I have a set off isspro gauges on the shelf. Good luck on the build, there's a lot of knowledge on this site, I'm new to the first gen scene but I have pick up a lot and learned a lot just from recommendations from the guys on here!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, so your 5x14s arnt to hot towing up the canyons? i was afraid that would be an issue with going over 5x12's. I planned on going with DAP as they are relatively close to home for me(Im in SLC)

I would love an s300 based turbo, but i have an extremely tight budget for this truck, my other truck is currently eating up all my cash flow.

Im definetly not planning on breaking any speed/power records with this truck... Mostly just for fun, and to tow my other toys around

·
Registered
592 Posts
No they aren't too bad at all, they are a little on the smokey side but I have no problem hauling hay and cows with them, as far as egts, I haven't seen mine over 1300 and my star wheel is maxed I have a 3200 spring and my powerscrew is in 2 turns. When you call dap talk to Brandon (murphy41) on here, real straight up guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts