Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where you can get a deal on a tranny pan or diff cover for a 05 dodge. Also does the tranny pan need to be double deep or just deep or is it dependant on climate temperature. Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pan covers

I have been looking for one as well. There are several brands available, the one with the most capacity seems to be the one sold by ATS. It runs about $170 to $185, depending on the dealer. A simple Google search will yield many results.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I made a typing mistake, that is $270-$285. I just purchased one from Extreme Diesel Performance. It's an ATS Deep Transmission Pan 301-900-2116, item number
ATS3019002116 for $270.75. The literature says it adds 5 quarts of capacity. Hard to believe a stock pan would coat that much because it is just stamped steel!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i just called XDP that is a good price but i believe there is another $41 added to the price plus i would assume some kind of brokerage fee tagged on. Best price i found was BD double deep with block and filter for 290 plus hst if i had someone else that wanted one i could get it for $275 a piece.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The BD pans are a great pan that adds an extra 1-2 quarts, depending if you find an older version or new one, but doesn't come with a filter but does come with a factory type reusable gasket and bolts.

The AFE pans are great as well. They have an extra 3-4 quarts of capacity. They come with a filter, filter extension block, bolts and a crappy rubber gasket.

Best prices I have found for the BD pan is $256 + HST and shipping for the old version. $285 + HST and shipping for the new version (2 quarts).

AFE pans for $290 + HST and shipping.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I was going to say check Derale pans for your transmission, unless you've already bought a pan. I've been running mine for awhile with good results.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I love my derale. I have a shop, I can price you one tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
113 Posts
Tranny pan

I have the deep, 5 extra quart derale pan, its tubed right through, runs nice and cool, its powder coated, so no issue with rust, after all the stock pan is steel!! I ordered the pan, gasket, internal filter , plus an external add on filter kit with the spin on BD filter kit and a speed sensor, whole thing delivered to the door was 276.06 hard to beat, the pan was about 150.00 on its own, butb I couldnt resist the external BD filter kit, nice and easy filter change and really helps cool things down.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I have the deep, 5 extra quart derale pan, its tubed right through, runs nice and cool, its powder coated, so no issue with rust, after all the stock pan is steel!! I ordered the pan, gasket, internal filter , plus an external add on filter kit with the spin on BD filter kit and a speed sensor, whole thing delivered to the door was 276.06 hard to beat, the pan was about 150.00 on its own, butb I couldnt resist the external BD filter kit, nice and easy filter change and really helps cool things down.
Agreed, I've been running mine for a while now and no spec or even hint of rust on it, and I've even scratched it :doh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts