Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Figured out the Amsoil Severe Gear doesn't play well with the D70 LSD, got a scrubbing in a turn under load. I've got a bottle of Mopar additive to throw in it when it quits raining

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Super-duty cooler is mounted...one point to note, if you are installing one of these, make sure you get the bracket as far in towards the frame as possible or it will interfere with the body. There is not much room to work with and I set my mounting holes before the aluminum end plates were installed...so I was very tight. The hose is just a short loop to keep the cooler clean while I wait on a fitting.

I also installed a baffle to keep the rear tire from flinging stuff up onto the top of the cooler/fan.

20200430_081126.jpg
20200430_081107.jpg
20200430_081044.jpg
20200430_081052.jpg

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Well, my oil pressure was, and has been, odd to say the least on the factory gauge. I've replaced the sending unit and no change. I had installed a mechanical gauge in the filter head, and it showed something like 25psi hot idle and 60psi hot mid RPM.

But then I had a sudden shocking thought, maybe the factory gauge reads differently than the filter head! Maybe the factory gauge isn't really wrong...

So I went out, pulled the mechanical gauge and swapped it for the sending unit...30psi warm idle and 65psi warm mid RPM. So they are probably the same, or at least close...

And I don't have an oil problem...one less worry...

And a side request...if you change universal joints, please make sure you install the zerk in the correct orientation. It will make the next guy glad you did when he doesn't have to pull the driveshaft to grease the flipping joints...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Got the super-duty cooler plumbed today...haven't been doing much as work has been busy.

The factory lines are 1/2" steel...so 1/2" hose works well. I was going to pull a fitting, cut the hard line, and install this between the primary cooler and the transmission. Well, the PO had cut the hardline and installed a short piece of hose. Turned out that splice was after the engine mounted cooler and made a good place to tie in, so my circuit is transmission - engine mounted cooler - super duty cooler - primary cooler - transmission. Still need to wire it to a switch.

I took it for a ride, got to just over 150, so I put a jumper to the fan relay and watch the temp drop to 120 in a few minutes.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Finally, after waiting over two months and changing the order, I got my springs today. Missing the hardware, but I got springs! I asked originally ordered a d200cdk which had 4-inch rear springs...the rear springs held up my order. Then two months in, I asked if they had a d292cdk, which has 6-inch rear springs (one inch rise in the rear)...bingo, shipped the same day. Hopefully, the hardware kit shows in the next couple days.

So that will be a new project in a couple weeks...got some concrete work on the patio to do now.

221 - 226 of 226 Posts