Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys- I hate redundancy, but I have searched, with no luck. I thought sometime back there was a thread, detailing the install of a 2nd gen intake manifold onto a 3rd gen, with pictures...got my intake manifold w/ the two longer bolts and new gaskets, but just wanted to check a thread or two before I tear into things--

If anybody remembers that thread or can search better than I can I would really appreciate it!!:S:

Thanks, in advance!!

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
there's really nothing to it, put the new 1 on the same way the old 1 came off. give yourself a 1/2 hour & some patience, just make sure that both ends that the gasket meet are clean so it will seel good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there's really nothing to it, put the new 1 on the same way the old 1 came off. give yourself a 1/2 hour & some patience, just make sure that both ends that the gasket meet are clean so it will seel good :thumbsup:
Kinda figured it was straight forward take off put on type a deal--- yet I thought there was something said about a lil different angle to the pipe and silicone boot---but I guess a good seal is a good seal...thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Just wondering whats the difference between the 2nd gen 24 and the 12v manifolds?

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
Kinda figured it was straight forward take off put on type a deal--- yet I thought there was something said about a lil different angle to the pipe and silicone boot---but I guess a good seal is a good seal...thanks guys!
yeah there is a little more of an angle on the 2nd gen horn when mounted on a 3rd gen truck. will still line up, i cut the tiny metal ring that looks about as thick as a metal coat hanger so that the boot is not as pinched. it will feel like it is pinched in the back of the boot, beause it is pointed a hair more forward :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah there is a little more of an angle on the 2nd gen horn when mounted on a 3rd gen truck. will still line up, i cut the tiny metal ring that looks about as thick as a metal coat hanger so that the boot is not as pinched. it will feel like it is pinched in the back of the boot, beause it is pointed a hair more forward :thumbsup:

Got it on tonite...Yeah, it is about as straight forward as you can get...will drive it tomorrow or the next day...going to go get my new tires and hopefully will feel or see a difference on the seat-o-the-pants dyno!!!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Let us know I just bought one too, so I'm interested in what I should expect

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
To the guys that did this mod. What did you do about the intercooler boot being so tight to the one side?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts