Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I had a black one on my 2012 Ram, looked good but was useless, it attached to the tow hook mounts location, but the brackets were not that strong and the bull bar would flex if used to push anything. I did not install it on my 13

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
supbird131 did you have the Aries 4" model? They say the shipped weight is only 18 lbs, it looks heavier in the pics but I guess it is pointless.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just verified with the manufacturer that these bull bars are for looks only and are not functional or to be used to push anything. In addition you loose your front tow hooks, so basically it is a $400 ornament for your truck that you can install lights on.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I just verified with the manufacturer that these bull bars are for looks only and are not functional or to be used to push anything. In addition you loose your front tow hooks, so basically it is a $400 ornament for your truck that you can install lights on.
Then maybe they should call it a light bar? :confused013:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ranch Hand Bullnose Bumper.... sched 40 pipe... just a thought

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree most bull bars dont look good but you have to admit this one looks pretty damm nice. I am looking for some thing heavy duty to protect the truck if I need to push something out of the way. I think those heavy duty bumper are my only option.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I liked it too. My truck has very little chrome so I bought the polished S.S. version it was 212.00 on Amazon. Shop Amazon befire buying off ebay more often than not they are considerably less $$

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
My bad yours is a different model. Still a little less on Amazon. Mine is a 45-5009 which IS a 4 inch bullbar

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.