Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey if this is in the wrong place please move it and sorry in advance!!

I kinda new to the cummins engine and just changed over from the PSD :banghead: nation to the cummins so here we go. I was wondering if anyone from my area would be willing to head over or I will head your way to give me a hand or show me how to do simple basic mods? I'll buy the beer :beer::beer::beer:!!! I would try it my self but I'm a little leary! I have the tools and heated garage also. Sorry just being honest! I know there pretty simple on what I've been reading but Im also looking for a few fellow friends around here!!!

1998 dually quadcab 4x4, Auto, Guages, and I think its still stock? Drives like it!!!

So thanks in advance!!!

pm me if you can help!! I text ya my Number!!

60481 Wilmington, Illinois is where I'm from

Brian

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'd give ya a hand but your an 1hr and 20mins away

Plus your stock tranny isn't gonna hold up to much

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's fine no biggie! Thanks for the response tho!!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
if your in DFW texas for the superbowl give me a PM! more then happy to help. but your too far to drive too sorry

·
Registered
161 Posts
You should do the KDP mod first. If you get into a real bind while doing this I could try to stop by on a WEEKEND!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Kewl I was out in the garage last night messing around with it and noticed the break away screws on the pump gone. Then I looked at the number one injection line looks like it's been taken off and timing set already. What made me look for these was reading on here the tech articles and they mention those screws. That to me is a sure tell tale sign that it's been messed with don't know what all mods have been done yet but someones fingers and brains been in there. A tdr faded sticker in the back window made me wonder. But is there a way to tell that the kdp has been done without tearing it apart? Prob not!!! Lol

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Kewl I was out in the garage last night messing around with it and noticed the break away screws on the pump gone. Then I looked at the number one injection line looks like it's been taken off and timing set already. What made me look for these was reading on here the tech articles and they mention those screws. That to me is a sure tell tale sign that it's been messed with don't know what all mods have been done yet but someones fingers and brains been in there. A tdr faded sticker in the back window made me wonder. But is there a way to tell that the kdp has been done without tearing it apart? Prob not!!! Lol

NOPE Sorry!

you MUST take it apart to see if the KDP taken care of. but fortantly its not that hard of a job and its should be the number 1 thing on your list.

DONT ASSUME its been done. if your going to but $3000 worth of possible damage in assuming something is done, that is not a good idea.

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Check the forum for your state. On down the list of forums..

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Check the forum for your state. On down the list of forums..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thx can you move this post there? I didn't see that forum at first!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts