Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didnt have much luck with this in the 94-97 boards so ill try again here....

Im looking for a GOOD lift for my truck, somewhere in the 8" range. It has to clear 37" tires minimum (because i already have a set kicking around) but i may toss them on a partial trade for 44 or 52" boots.

I have been eyeballing the skyjacker kit but i hate how they sell 50 different kits that are for the same lift...

Anyone have input on skyjacker or suggest a different kit?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
just my .02 but Fabtech makes the best lits... they have really nice products and produce a great ride might check them out...

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they dont make a lift for this truck... just the 03+ 2500

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
oo ok my bad... well then I have heard good things about the skyjacker with my buddies that have lifted there 2nd gen trucks

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
tripple t!

Putting an order in first thing monday morning, want to hear some opinions from someone thats using the skyjacker (dc752ks-dx) 7" kit!

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Get a rcd long arm lift ride great and last forever , built and fit is top notch . skyjacker sucks my buddy has one it death wobbles from hell from day on and the truck was 2 weeks old :thud:

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The RCD kit does look nice but also looks like alot more of a PITA with the need for welding (by a certified welder of course)

I would rather get the skyjacker kit which is just a simple bolt in deal.

One problem though, what would a guy run for shocks?

The kit i listed above has front coilovers, but they dont make anything for the rear and all i can find are shocks for 6" lift...

Not 100% certain if im going to go with coilovers up front, im not going to be shyt bagging this truck 24/7 so ill probably go with the much cheaper coil spring setup for the front. In that case i need to find sufficient shocks for 7" lift front and back!

A little death wobble will be fun! The truck will be going faster through the bush than it will on the street, and its not going to go very fast down the trails...

The truck will probably never see the highway and the speed limit in town here is a painful 45km/h...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
the only lift company thats gonna clears 40s is gonna be full throttle lifts

ive heard good and bad but no major problems

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill check into fullthrottle suspension...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts