Cummins Diesel Forum banner

looking for a 24v truck in texas

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  elephantrider 
#1 ·
doesnt have to be the prettiest, but needs to be
reliable.

dont care if its reg or x cab, needs to be 4x4.

if any of you texas guys see anything, pm me the
location. just got the settlement for my totalled
1st gen, so need another truck.. im looking all over
the centex area as well as fleabay, craigslist, etc..

thanks for any info !

#4 ·
duke, the guys ins is giving me a value for it between kbb and market, and
a guy in gidding is going to buy it and try to repair it, so not loosing any
money on it, besides the work i've put into it, and a few parts here and
there. im paying the 10% fee to keep the truck after its totalled.

24v = 2nd gen

#9 ·
Too bad this wasn't a week ago, I was in north Austin. Not really looking to sell but if the right deal came along I'd consider it- haven't used the truck as a truck in almost 2 years. Nothing to tow and haven't gone hunting in Colorado in a while.

Hope you can find something that'll work for ya!

#12 ·
just got the settlement for my totalled
1st gen, so need another truck.. im looking all over
the centex area as well as fleabay, craigslist, etc..

thanks for any info !
so what happened to yours??? my dually got totalled last monday! :doh: Ive been scouring the interwebs for hours on end the past week as well. It sucks! :thumbsup:

#15 ·
so what happened to yours???
dumb arse hit my son on the passenger side. hit the truck so hard
it totalled it.

a few trucks up this way if they aren't giant rust buckets... I will keep an eye out....
please do. i've been known to take road trips to find the right truck :thumbsup:

#14 ·
Nobody look at me... these keys are staying in my hands! Well now that nobody has a truck but me and chris...we should have a meet lol

#18 ·
yeah, no injuries. claim agent ( guy named david tucker, manager named jimmie felton, second level named dawn frolo :) ) is giving me the run around. guy that hit my son was cited at the scene for causing the accident, and get this - he "ruled", based on his "investigation" that my son was 20% at fault and the guy was 80% at fault. got a lawyer involved at this point, due to the fact that they are giving me 80% of the truck value, - 10% to buy it back. not having that crap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.