Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 48 re and a smarty that I keep on level three and I am easy on it. I noticed on my trans the the second gear band adjusted is turned all the way flush with the nut. I thought about replacing valve body adding a triple disk converter and billet input and replace the second gear band. The trans shifts great with 130k miles on it. Should I do all that or just leave it alone and just do a complete rebuild when it starts slipping? Thanks

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have the 48 re and a smarty that I keep on level three and I am easy on it. I noticed on my trans the the second gear band adjusted is turned all the way flush with the nut. I thought about replacing valve body adding a triple disk converter and billet input and replace the second gear band. The trans shifts great with 130k miles on it. Should I do all that or just leave it alone and just do a complete rebuild when it starts slipping? Thanks
Are you sure it is a 48? My 03 has a 47.

Leave it alone.

If i were to do it over again i would find a used trans housing and do a fresh rebuild and have it waiting on hand for when the trans in the truck takes a crap. That way my turn around time would be a lot less.

billet everything!
3 or 5 disc TC

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes its an Ho motor and the 48 re. I wish I. Could find one and build it but about the most I could do would be the band input tc and valve body I don't think I could do the rest would have to source it to a shop.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any one else?.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts