Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw were diesel performance warehouse is having a sale on phat shaft turbos. I was thinking about getting 62/14. Is there a big difference in just the phat shaft or the super phat shaft turbo? All I am running is a smarty for fuel. I might later down the road is put a set of 50hp injectors. Do I need to just get the super phat shaft?

·
I bleed diesel
1,340 Posts
I saw were diesel performance warehouse is having a sale on phat shaft turbos. I was thinking about getting 62/14. Is there a big difference in just the phat shaft or the super phat shaft turbo? All I am running is a smarty for fuel. I might later down the road is put a set of 50hp injectors. Do I need to just get the super phat shaft?
The biggest difference betwen the PS and the SPS is on the exhaust side. The PS comes standard with a 65mm exhaust wheel and a 12 or 14 cm exhaust housing. The shaft on the SPS line is larger also.

The PS series for $1100 is a super buy and would be a great towing turbo that would have you covered up to around 500 HP.

The SPS will get you to around 550 because of the bigger exhaust housing and 71mm exhaust wheel.

If I were you I'd look at getting an SPS 62 for your application especially if you plan on adding injectors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts