Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys I'm looking at Trading For A 2008 2500.6.7 automatic 4 door
.Has 128,000 Miles. Sinister Diesel Egr Delete,Dpf Delete,H&S Xrt Pro. Full.4 Inch exhaust. manual doors and windows. hey want to trade the truck in my signature the new motor and transmission has 27,000 body has 192,000. He Said I Could Keep My Bmf Wheels Train Horns And 7 Inch Indash Radio And Give Him 2700 Boot. my question is does that seem like a good deal and how does in transmission hold up on a small tune
thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think he's trying to get a good deal outta you...he prolly has like 2000 bucks at the most in deletes and exhaust...and it has manual windows and locks..and no built trannny...you've already more than doubled him in upgrades...he should be paying you money to make up the difference...plus your truck is worth more these days...I wouldnt do it if I were you...just my 2cents

·
Registered
610 Posts
If the tranny is stock it could be on its way out. Will cost some $$$$ for a built one.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
as mentioned above, it seems like his truck is a very basic model, and doesn't have any serious mods besides the tuner. mileage isn't too far from yours.
i wouldn't do it. yours has a lot of expensive mods on it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have mine for sale for 21,000 its fully loaded. but ain't had any bites on it. I am ready for something not so much built. the tranny really worries me. the truck looks good but don't have power doors really kills it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Oh wow I didn't even look at your sig until now, (using autoguid it don't show up) yeah definatly keep what ya have or trade an have him boot you some money, yeah it's newer, you might think it looks better but just think about what you have in yours, an think how much it's going to be to upgrade the other. Unless your super set on getting it, I'd stay right where you are man

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
180 Posts
I bet you could find someone with more comparable mods done to trade with on this forum ..if you wanna get outta it...I'll trade you mine...cept you would have to pick up the payments..lol...don't just give it away...you will kick yourself forever..trust me...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have mine for sale for 21,000 its fully loaded. but ain't had any bites on it. I am ready for something not so much built. the tranny really worries me. the truck looks good but don't have power doors really kills it.
Where are you located at I'm looking for a truck, pm me an ill give you my number if you can send pics

·
Registered
197 Posts
I bet you could find someone with more comparable mods done to trade with on this forum ..if you wanna get outta it...I'll trade you mine...cept you would have to pick up the payments..lol...don't just give it away...you will kick yourself forever..trust me...
Yeah I gave mine away about 4 months ago an still get mad at myself for doing it

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wanting a newer truck to be honest. I love this truck and hate to see it go. but i know i will keep putting money in it if i keep it. i am done looking at a cp3 pump and tips ha

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well having a newer truck and it's amenities is definelty nice...that's why I sold my 98.5 and bought the 09...but I really miss my 98.5 most days...here in cali it's hard to delete so I can't say what a beast the 6.7 is when it's unleashed...if you really like the raw diesel sound and feeling the 5.9 is the way to go...my 6.7 sounds so car like it bugs me...I miss my straight 5 inch lol...but from my experience I say wait for what you really want in a truck...cause your truck is wayyy better than the 6.7 you described...

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thats what i am starting to think. i just needed someones input on it thats why i came here lol. he is wanting to trade bad. i just wish it was loaded and had more done to it. i aint looking for a built truck lol. i am trying to get a more stock truck

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.