Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Looking at a 6.7

1343 22
So there is a used 6.7 for sale at the dealer. Its a 2wd long bed quad cab with 61,537 miles. It looks pretty nice and they want 23,800 for it. Would it be a good buy? I will be trading in my 98 for it if I do.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,917 Posts
laramie, big horn, SLT? Doesn't sound like too bad of a deal

· Registered
406 Posts
Doesn't sound to bad. Any aftermarket goodies?

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dunno, Im gonna be looking at it today after work. Probably not. If its just stock, what price you all think I should work him down to? BTW its got a 6 speed manual tranny :)

· Registered
50 Posts
The reason that i'm asking is that it wouldnt be a bad idea to check out the truck very well. I own a 07.5' and although i love the truck i have had alot of issues with it. This doesnt mean that you will but i would ask to see all service records on the truck.:thumbsup:

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea thats a good idea, I stepped on it today during the test drive, and the CEL came on.... I accidentally got it to like 3500rpm so that may be why but I dunno. CEL on a test drive doesnt make me to confortable...

· Registered
155 Posts
That is a red flag in my mind...

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea Im gonna find out what the code was today as well as go over numbers again. I think they are messing with numbers with me and feeding me BS. Hes a good salesman lol.

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
turns out the code was from someone who tried to start the truck with the wrong key at the detail shop... could that be true?

· Registered
406 Posts
Well I would think that if someone had tried to start the truck with the wrong key that the CEL would have come on right away when you started the truck, not during the test drive.

· Registered
116 Posts
Well I would think that if someone had tried to start the truck with the wrong key that the CEL would have come on right away when you started the truck, not during the test drive.
That does sound odd.

What kind of warranty is left on the truck or are they offering?

· Registered
8 Posts
Salesman BS. CEL would not have come on DURING the drive if someone at some other time used the wrong key. Consider waiting until a different truck comes along, they usually do. I know it's hard when the candy is in front of you though. That's how I ended up with my 09 Big Horn :drool2:

· Registered
116 Posts
Salesman BS. CEL would not have come on DURING the drive if someone at some other time used the wrong key. Consider waiting until a different truck comes along, they usually do. I know it's hard when the candy is in front of you though. That's how I ended up with my 09 Big Horn :drool2:
Good points.

You are in Texas there will be another truck. ;)

Hell if you go on cars.com you can probley find a number of them just in a short search range.

· Banned
96 Posts
that truck black books in the high 16s, pass on it for that price.

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea Im passing on it, although the carfax report looks great, biggest repair being the speakers changed out. Warranty on Engine only till 100,000/5 years and exhaust 8years /80,000. After running the numbers I got too much on my plate already, so im gonna wait anyway. Stupid custody battles, lawyers are expensive!

· Registered
50 Posts
Sounds possible. is the truck still under warrenty? Did you ask to see the maint sheets? Thats what i would be worried most about.:shock:

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
they didnt have maintenance sheets, just the carfax report. The warranty is for the engine only and its till 5 years/100,000 miles. He thinks exhaust is 8 years/80,000 miles but I dont care about exhaust as i would do deletes anyway. I have to say I fell in love with that 6.7 after driving it. That exhaust brake is sweeeeeeeeet!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.