Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an '01 but I think it maybe time for it to get gone, been a great truck but has done its job. I found an '06 4x4 2500 in a town close to me with about 41k on it. Not too bad for 4 yrs. I am just curious about any known problems with these trucks or expensive parts that break on a regular basis. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Gonna leave it stock or mod it?

Stock, it should be a Great truck!

Modding, well that all depends on how far you go.....Nobody can argue the Cummins motor being great and reliable but if you start modding, things are gonna eventually have issues...

No matter what....I love mine! and would recommend a Dodge/ Cummins to all.......Just do research before modding..and make sure your wallet is ready for it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Big Swole. I generally just let them breath a little more and maybe a mild tune.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Check to make sure all the modes, especially recirculation work on the HVAC system, very common and not cheap depending on which door is broken.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
MY 02 3500 is a horse
box stock
going to breath better soon with air box mod
I think 06 was agreat year

Donnie
2006 3500 4x4

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Make sure it has had the recalls done, like the steering upgrade and the rollover valve, etc.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have an 06 & have never been recalled. Do I need to call my dealer? Now that I think about it no, they`d just mess it up. (I`m not down on all dealers, just the ones in my area)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have an 06 and the dealership called about reflashing my ECM....i told em i dont think so...but i have had all other recall work done. I love my 06

·
Registered
669 Posts
The only problems Ive had with my 06 is small coolant leaks, loose clamps, other than that, a great truck so far, 77 thou and counting, always over 20 mpg highway, 2 wheel drive helps that though. also towed 7000 to 9500 lbs for just about 50 thou of that mileage.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
My 06 has been a trooper. I upgraded to the AF steering, put a clamp on the overflow tube at the rad and the #4 line is secured.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts