Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at an 05 cummins dually 6 spd Laramie pkg, alloy wheels, good tires, looks and drives like new, has camper tie downs, gooseneck and 5th wheel hitches, upgraded turbo and 5" exhaust. One owner and local dealer has done all repairs. I know front and rear ends have been rebuilt, 5k oil changes etc. Downside is 450k miles, price 11k. any advice?

·
Registered
805 Posts
when were injectors done last? truck could last another 500k but could also come with a long list of problems. make sure it has no blow by either. hard to tell its a gamble with that many miles imo.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
sounds like he took good care of it, I would not hesitate.

Reactions: auto8red

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bought an 05 one owner with 200k Laramie auto impeccable maintenance; private party paid 12.5. I believe maintenance is the key. (wish it was a 6 speed)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looking at o5 6 spd?

I bought it, talked to previous owner and almost everything had been rebuilt, rear end, new front bearings, new clutch, trans rebuilt. Only thing he mentioned about engine was upgrade turbo and new injectors. Has an exhaust brake, not sure if it was stock? Was at a dealer but will get all his receipts this weekend. Thanks for the answers

·
Registered
25 Posts
good for you I know you will love the 6 speed especially your mpg's. By the way there is a million mile Dodge Cummins group some where on the internet. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looking at '05 6 spd?

Haven't picked it up yet, but drove very good, I'll look for the high milers. Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love my 05 bought it with 200k and 5k later had to rebuild engine due to lack of maintenance by previous owner. Sucks but always check for signs of good maintenance because that is key. Congrats hope it lasts you another 400k

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
picked it up Friday, put my lighted cab guard on. Need couple clearance lights fixed and think loose wire somewhere for exhaust brake but too cold to do much and my shop is full of other projects. Truck otherwise seems great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts