Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 2012 ccsb ram 2500 ctd. 4 inch lift. Running 37 13.5 20. Just asking how bad premature wear is on the front end. Ie wheelbearing. Balljoints. Tie rod ect..... Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that. Just looking for some input on how often the lifted 3/4 tons are replacing front end parts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I have a 2012 with a 6inch Carli's kit with about 11k miles. I just replaced tie rods. I could have got more miles out of them but it was bugging me.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. That makes me feel better about it. What size tire are you running? And what back spacing

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am on 37's Pro Comp a/t. I don't remember the backspacing to be honest but I will tell you I rub on the arms when I try to fully lock the wheel to the side. Aside from that love the kit itself but seems like tie rods might be a ongoing issue.

·
Registered
881 Posts
when going to bigger wheels then 35 just buy a aftermarket steering kit to ditch the weak tie rods.

wait for stock parts to wear then upgrade

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I appreciate the input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.