Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is completely stock except for straight pipe. Is there anything that i can do to get some smoke out of it working just with what i got? any kinda of adjustments that can be made?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
well a very dirty air filter would work too Since then it would not have enough air to burn all the fuel at WOT

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea but dont that cut down on performance? besides my filter is brand new

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
No matter what you do to make smoke, it's gonna cut down on performance. You could get a programmer to make smoke, but once you'd get an intake and get more air in it to eliminate the smoke, it'll really perform. Smoke is just fuel that hasn't totally combusted.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
yea but dont that cut down on performance? besides my filter is brand new

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
No matter what you do to make smoke, it's gonna cut down on performance
Explain this one please I think you may have left something out of worded it wrong. Atleast I don't understand
Adding a programmar will give you much better performance and better mileage.

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
Explain this one please I think you may have left something out of worded it wrong. Atleast I don't understand
Adding a programmar will give you much better performance and better mileage.
Read the entire post. Add a programmer so it belches smoke. Performs VERY well. Ok, now add an intake to get more air into the engine, in other words keep the fueling the same, just add more air to get rid of the smoke. It will perform VERY VERY much better! Like I said, smoke is just fuel that hasn't completely combusted. But, I understand it's cool and I like it too!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Read the entire post. Add a programmer so it belches smoke. Performs VERY well. Ok, now add an intake to get more air into the engine, in other words keep the fueling the same, just add more air to get rid of the smoke. It will perform VERY VERY much better! Like I said, smoke is just fuel that hasn't completely combusted. But, I understand it's cool and I like it too!
yeah I get that I just was confused by you saying
No matter what you do to make smoke, it's gonna cut down on performance
I know what you mean but I think the other guy might be confused that is why I asked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts