Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm new to the forum, and live down in the cunningham area currently, but frequent the great bend area every now an then. Is there any diesel shop close by that are gonna be useing the EFI Live when its release to the cummins? I'm also about an hour west of wichita too. Or maybe if someone else is gonna be buying one see how it all works?. My only source of info would be online forums and research on the web, dont have much knowlegde yet on this EFI and what changes a guy would even make. I'm jumping on the bandwagon, and from what i've absorbed its gonna be the cats meow for tuning.

·
Banned
196 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I drive a powerstroke so I can't answer that. Sorry. Just wanted to welcome you. As far as I've heard, its hard enough to find a decent mechanic around here, let alone a performance shop. One of these days someone will open one up. I do know this. Beans diesel performance of Tennessee does tuning and they are an incredible performance shop. I think they have a cummins up to 1800hp. You could call them and they could give you some tuning advice. Also Gearhead automotive performance and power hungry performance both sell doityourself tuning software (monitour, sniper, efilive) and actually teach you how to use it. Again, I'm a ford guy so my info may be skewed for your situation.

·
Kansas Chapter President
1,157 Posts
Welcome to the forums! EFI Live will be awesome for sure. I dought anybody up here will even know what it is besides me. I haven't heard much about any (good) shops around the Wichita area either. Maybe start researching places around the Hutch area.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Gonna be a good project to work on then. CIK you know anyone from ellinwood? Thats were i grew up from.

·
Kansas Chapter President
1,157 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Gonna be a good project to work on then. CIK you know anyone from ellinwood? Thats were i grew up from.
I run the family oilfield business here in GB. I know everyone:rof sometimes

·
Kansas Chapter President
1,157 Posts
Name is Brandon Harrison by the way, and yours?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey,

I'm new to the forum, and live down in the cunningham area currently, but frequent the great bend area every now an then. Is there any diesel shop close by that are gonna be useing the EFI Live when its release to the cummins? I'm also about an hour west of wichita too. Or maybe if someone else is gonna be buying one see how it all works?. My only source of info would be online forums and research on the web, dont have much knowlegde yet on this EFI and what changes a guy would even make. I'm jumping on the bandwagon, and from what i've absorbed its gonna be the cats meow for tuning.
Personally, I don't think there are many guys around that will be doing much with this. I imagine there will be a few individuals messing with it, but don't forsee many shops taking on the liability of EFI live on the Cummins. With it being a brand new product there is going to be a lot of stuff to be learned and bugs to be worked out. I know Anthony Allison down in the Emporia area is a genius with the Duramax version of EFI live, and could see him doing something when it is available. The only other person I could see doing anything would be John up at Floor It. He's probably one of the most knowledgeable people in the midwest if not the nation on the Cummins stuff. It will definitely be a good way to turn around the recession in the aftermarket parts industry. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I talked to a guy at the swap meet that was going to be getting EFILive.

·
Kansas Chapter President
1,157 Posts
Got some Rugans that are from Claflin and Ellinwood that do some oil and farm business with me. Rugan&Rugan is in here a lot if thats any relation. Kurt, Richard, and Robert Rugan are the one's I would know.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got some Rugans that are from Claflin and Ellinwood that do some oil and farm business with me. Rugan&Rugan is in here a lot if thats any relation. Kurt, Richard, and Robert Rugan are the one's I would know.
Kurt is my uncle, Richard and Robert are cousins. Whats the name of your business?

·
Kansas Chapter President
1,157 Posts
Herl Pipe & Specialty and Corrosion Proof

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The only other person I could see doing anything would be John up at Floor It.
I doubt John will get into custom tuning customer trucks with EFI Live... he's got enough on his plate trying to get pumps built and out the door. Not that he couldn't do it if he wanted too.

I would imagine that St. Joe Diesel will certainly give it a go after some 'canned' tunes come out for the Cummins.

·
Banned
196 Posts
I talked to a guy at the swap meet that was going to be getting EFILive.
I believe kevin Voth is getting it. He was at the swap meet. That may have been him! Lol! He's on here. I don't remember his screen name though. Someone wanna help me out? Its turtle something.

·
Kansas Chapter VP
Big Red. 1993 W350. NV 4500. HX35.
5,402 Posts
Welcome to the forums! EFI Live will be awesome for sure. I dought anybody up here will even know what it is besides me. I haven't heard much about any (good) shops around the Wichita area either. Maybe start researching places around the Hutch area.
I know what it is so you're not the only one!!!:hehe::rof

As far as a good shop in the Wichita area.... Yeah about that one... I'll get back with you when I open one!:thumbsup::stirpot:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts