Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Lookin for a motor or someone to steal my truck. lol

742 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  shakn03
when i bought my truck with 200k plus on it a year an half ago i didnt know anythin about blocks like the 53. well i do have wanna those and i gotta big old crack on it right now. i was thinkin of gettin rid of the truck before this happend just cause i low on cash and need somethin cheaper to run, an then it happened. anyone know of a used motor in the area i could buy. or anyone want a nice lookin truck altho pretty much stock lookin, with a cracked block? lol im located in Latham, bought half hour southwest of jeff city. pm me if you know of anything. thanks
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,024 Posts
Hey, I was looking at a 24v motor with a similar issue because I wanted the parts. I was just told that it's the water jacket on the outside of the block. Not for sure if it can be fixed or not but I would look further into it before you decide to can it. There shouldnt be anything wrong with the internals unless you got her really really hot.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya a stitch kit is over 1500 bucks and than with labor, prob over 2k, an for that money might as well do a used motor cause ive heard its hit and miss with the reliability of the stiching.

· Banned
862 Posts
I have a block from a 12V slight chip on the #1 cylinder, well above the ring. 14mm mains, $300 and it is yours.

· Registered
47 Posts
pm me the address and leave the keys under the mat and ill take care of it for free lol dont tempt me with those offers

· Registered
436 Posts
Craigslits new london mo. Truck parting out. It is right by me. Dont know them but am willing to go check it out if you can use anything from it :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.