Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

lookin' at a new 08 3500

3096 Views 33 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  WOODLIZZARD
I found a new leftover 08 QC ST 3500 4x4
price is 27,350....doesn't have many options (including a few that I would want like the anti-spin diff) but the price sure seems very, very good. Factory options below. Thoughts?

WINDOW STICKER
2008 MODEL YEAR
DODGE RAM 3500 ST
QUAD CAB 4X4
PRICE INFORMATION
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE OF
THIS MODEL INCLUDING DEALER PREPARATION
Base Price: $ 38,900
DODGE RAM 3500 ST QUAD CAB 4X4
Exterior Color:Bright White Clear Coat Exterior Paint
Interior Color:Medium Slate Gray Interior Cloth
Interior:Cloth 40/20/40 Split Bench Seat
Engine:6.7-Liter Cummins(R) Turbo Diesel Engine
Transmission:6-Speed Automatic 68RFE Transmission
STANDARD EQUIPMENT (UNLESS REPLACED BY
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT)
FUNCTIONAL / SAFETY FEATURES
Next Generation Multistage Front Air Bags
Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
Diesel Exhaust Brake
Power Steering
3.42 Axle Ratio
Front Stabilizer Bar
Manual Shift-on-the-Fly Transfer Case
Sentry Key(R) Theft Deterrent System
Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
136-Ampere Alternator
750-Ampere Maintenance-Free Battery
34-Gallon Fuel Tank
Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
50 State Emissions
INTERIOR FEATURES
Air Conditioning
4-Spoke Steering Wheel
Tilt Steering Column
40/20/40 Split Bench Seat
Rear Folding Seat
Instrument Cluster with Tachometer
AM/FM Stereo with CD Player
4 Speakers
Passenger Assist Handle
Auxiliary 12-Volt Power Outlet
Overhead Console with Trip Computer & E-info center
Rear Underseat Storage Compartment
EXTERIOR FEATURES
Tow Hooks
Full-Size Spare Tire
Cargo Lamp
17" x 7.5" Steel Styled Wheels
LT265/70R17E BSW All Season Tires
PRICE INFORMATION (contd.)
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Customer Preferred Package 2FA
Popular Equipment Group $ 405
Cloth 40/20/40 Split Bench Seat
YES Essentials(R) Seat Fabric
Speed Control
6-Speed Automatic 68RFE Transmission $ 1,575
3.73 Axle Ratio
Folding Trailer Tow Mirrors $ 100
BLUETEC Ultra-Clean Diesel System $ 995
Includes High Capacity EGR, Diesel
Oxidation Catalyst, Particulate
Filter and NOx Storing Catalyst.
Meets 2010, 50-State Emissions
DESTINATION CHARGE $ 900
TOTAL PRICE:* $ 42,875
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,899 Posts
Thats steep, if it doesnt have the options you want.... if youre gonna spend any kind of money on anything i think it needs to be what you want. That being said i looked for 2 & 1/2 months before i found my truck and i got a steal on it........ 2008 Quad Cab Long Bed 4x4 6sp manual, fully loaded laramie, sunroof, power seats, leather, everything but nav ( which i did not want) with 3000 miles on the ticker for $30,000

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.. 2008 Quad Cab Long Bed 4x4 6sp manual, fully loaded laramie, sunroof, power seats, leather, everything but nav ( which i did not want) with 3000 miles on the ticker for $30,000
That is a good price you got. I would like the limited slip diff but otherwise I like the truck....I respectfully disagree though that the price is steep especially given that it's a new truck.

· Premium Member
8,859 Posts
i was 38.5k for my 09 megacab larmie fully loaded so that price is steep

· Registered
1,899 Posts
No its a good price but there are better deals out there, if your buying time is not immediate, i would wait for the new bodystyles to come out becaus that will make these even cheaper IMO!

· Premium Member
8,859 Posts
No its a good price but there are better deals out there, if your buying time is not immediate, i would wait for the new bodystyles to come out becaus that will make these even cheaper IMO!
it will make them go up because the new ones are ugly and no one will want them:lol4:

· Registered
35 Posts
That sounds like a great deal to me. You said $27,350, I hope the other posters just read the $42,875 list price before making their comments. Two months ago I would have bought that truck in a heartbeat. Instead I bought a used '05 with 30k miles for $24k....nice truck, 5.7, auto, but I live in the Pacific Northwest and prices can be high.

· Registered
154 Posts
That sounds like a great deal to me. You said $27,350, I hope the other posters just read the $42,875 list price before making their comments. Two months ago I would have bought that truck in a heartbeat. Instead I bought a used '05 with 30k miles for $24k....nice truck, 5.7, auto, but I live in the Pacific Northwest and prices can be high.
Yep. First thing I though was $42k; way to much. I was thinking high $20's max.

Wish the mega's were that cheap.

· Registered
1,334 Posts
it's a fair price. your right in the 15k off msrp. yes, better deals can be had, but you'll have to do some hard looking and maybe some travelling to get what you want. i would feel fine and sleep easy if i got that deal. let us know what you do, and post a few pics if you spring for it.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
it's a fair price. your right in the 15k off msrp. yes, better deals can be had, but you'll have to do some hard looking and maybe some travelling to get what you want. i would feel fine and sleep easy if i got that deal. let us know what you do, and post a few pics if you spring for it.
I have been looking for a while and I will have to do some traveling to get this one. The price isn't much more than what used 08's w/ 50,000-65,000 miles go for here in MT (and there are no leftover 08's here that I can find). Best deal on a new 09 that I can find without travel is $32,500....solid $5000 more than the leftover 08 I'm looking at.

I should have mentioned that I am on a budget....was mostly looking for used at about $25,000 or so when I came across the truck I am posting about. $30,000+ trucks just won't fly with the wife (who is about to have another baby so I'm lucky to get away with getting a different rig in the first place!).

· Registered
2 Posts
2008 qc bighorn

i just bought a 08 2500 bighorn diesel with 15k for 23k out the door. and tbw ive had it two days and the cel came on last night, according to records this is the 3rd time since bought new in 10/08, but i could care less because it has a killer warenty:headbang:

· Registered
1,650 Posts
they knocked 15k off the MSRP 9 months ago when i got mine . Seems like thats rock bottom pricing.
but searh around for something with a few more options if thats what you want. Its a kick in the azz to spend that kind of money and not get exactly what you want

· Registered
85 Posts
You are the only one who knows if its a good price or bad price based upon your personal budget. I looked around for about 3 months before I found the truck I was looking for, I did not settle, just kept looking until I found her. I paid 36K for 08 QC 4x4 laramie manual with a sunroof. Sticker was 49K but we all know thats inflated for negotiations. Anyway good luck with whatever you do.

· Registered
1,340 Posts
You are the only one who knows if its a good price or bad price based upon your personal budget. I looked around for about 3 months before I found the truck I was looking for, I did not settle, just kept looking until I found her. I paid 36K for 08 QC 4x4 laramie manual with a sunroof. Sticker was 49K but we all know thats inflated for negotiations. Anyway good luck with whatever you do.

:ditto::ditto:

· Registered
210 Posts
I know when I bought mine fully loaded sticker was 51k and I got it for 34k it had 36 miles on it. Now that included employee pricing and about 9k in rebates. I don't know if they are doing that much in rebates anymore though. I bought it in Feb it was an 08.

· Silver Bullet
253 Posts
I waited untill august of 08 to buy my 07.5 for 30,000 otd. Its a bighorn quadcab shortbed 4x4 all options besides sunroof and leather. If you wait untill this summer they will want to clear the 08 out like they did with mine.

· Premium Member
1,003 Posts
I bought my 08 3500 Mega 4x4 Laramie with everything but nav in March 09 for $39.5k which was about $18k below list. It was affiliate pricing with $1500 RAM bonus and $1000 Loyality bonus. They threw in mud flaps, window vents, and remote starter. I am so very happy with this vehicle as I am sure you will be with yours. Enjoy it and feel good about your decision.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.