Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got some problems with a truck I just bought. I asked this question on the third gen powertrain area and I was directed here. These are the basics of the problem. The rundown is its an 2005 4x4 2500 150k on the clock 6 Speed with a new clutch and a new reman injection pump. Damn thing is hard to start has to crank an excessive amount of time to fire up. Idles very rough on the inside of the truck but I put her in gear and go and she runs just fine. I talked to a buddy of mine with a similar truck and he asked me if they replaced the lift pump I checked out the reciepts the guy I bought the truck from gave me and they didnt replace it. So my question is it the lift pump? Just looken for a good reputable place to have it diagnosed and fixed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also this is my first Diesel I'm guessing I messed up but once its fixed should be good to go right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also had Able injection service suggested to me? Any thoughts on which is the better shop. I work in Plano so I'll just have to work it out I guess.

·
Registered
628 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
And unfortunately for you it sounds like injectors. That's around $2,500-$3,000 for a new set. But you shouldn't have any problems after that

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have used a couple of the shops listed above so if you want the BEST in DFW check out James Trans Tech:

http://www.jamestranstech.com/

He fixed the issues the others couldnt figure out. Excellent work and very fair prices.

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
where exactly are you in the DFW area, im north of mckinney and I use a shop in Mckinney, TX. Dont know if that helps but i figured i would throw it out there. Ive known the owner for a long time and they do good work

Red River 4wd
3149 E. University Dr. Mckinney, TX 75069
972-542-5231

-Jordan-

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Issue Solved

My Original Dual mass flywheel was giving up the ghost had a single mass conversion done should get her back on thursday will report back. Injectors are doing just fine according too the Able Injection service. I used them mainly because of their location and that my boss who lives in Lewisville near where they are located was willing to pick me up and get me too work and provide me with a way to and from while my truck is in the shop. Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts