· Premium Member
87 Posts
is a little spendy :confused013:

· Registered
2,266 Posts
I think so.

· CO President
2,621 Posts
I am almost 100% sure that truck was on ebay a few monts back. Same pictures as well so I dont think they are going to sell it at that price. 12k might be a bit better.

Whats with the cummins tan paint on the pump lines and valve covers though?

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh i know its spendy. its just one of those odd ball confused dodges. a 24 valve body truck with a 12 valve engine

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but i didn't think that you could get the 4 door quad cab with a 12 valve, except for that short run before they made the switch to the 24

· Registered
9,910 Posts
but i didn't think that you could get the 4 door quad cab with a 12 valve, except for that short run before they made the switch to the 24
Yes, you could only get the 4door 12v for the first few months of 98 as they were switching over to the 24v engines.

I dont know about you guys, but i would never pay that kind of money for something like that. Sure they were a bit of an oddball, but other than that its nothing special.

Heck, for that price you could buy a 24v truck and swap a 12v into it if you didnt care for the 24v :D

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know i never would. unless its a purpose built drag truck, or mud truck, or something like that, i can't ever see a truck that old, even if it has a Cummins, being worth more than 10 grand.

· Registered
9,910 Posts
Its pretty ridiculous the amount of money some people try to get out of these things!

C'mon people, these trucks are goin on almost 15 years old, you arent going to get what you paid for it new!

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the dodge people aren't the only ones. Its all diesel trucks (except the old 6.5 chevys, but they know they are crap haha). its even worse when you see a gasser from the same age that the people are asking the same, if not more than the diesel truck guys.

thats like my buddy that just bought a 2001 3500 HO. the guy wanted 12 grad. it has almost 200K miles on it. he gave him 9 cash

· Registered
9,910 Posts
That looks like a marine or genset engine in there. Hmm Where did the original black engine go?
For all we know the truck could have been totally destroyed or the original engine blew up. heck it could have been a 24v converted to 12v because they figure someone would be stupid enough to pay that kind of money for it...

But, color means nothing, any application engine can come out of the build plant in a range of colors. Though i would be suspicious that this engine has been swapped.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.