Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
04 3500 SRW. My Michelin 19.5s are finished. I would like to try something else. What I'm looking for is a QUIET, All Terrain 19.5 tire. I can go 245/70 or 265/70. Does anyone have any suggestions for such a tire? 19.5 Tire reviews and feedback are hard to come by. Any help would be appriciated.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mario at Dually Wheels suggested the Conti HSR. I've also seen the Hancook DH01, Goodyear g622, and bridgstone M729 throughout my searches. Does anyone have experience with all of these tires? Some of those look way too aggressive to be a quiet runner.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I purchased Toyo M608Z's for my 19.5's and they have a very slight hum to them but not bad at all. When I bought my 19.5's I didn't want a highway tread because I didn't want to get stuck if I needed to go off road!!! As far as any other brand I can't say because this is the first set I've owned. I read a lot of reviews on 19.5" tires before I bought mine and thats how I came to the conclusion to buy the M608Z's because of the fact of their tread design and others who owned them said they were quiet for a "drive" tire. The only other advice I can give is try to stay away from the cheap chinese made tires because I heard those are noisey(you get what you pay for). I had 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's on my stock wheels before I got the 19.5's and M608Z's are way quieter than those. By the way I got the 265/70's

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
On my service truck I have Toyo M608's and I don't have any complaints. I can second what Lyon said that they are not bad for noise. As far as traction goes I think they do well enough as well..... Although I'm packing 22,000lbs around everywhere I go... Lol but I think if you went with the Toyo's you would be happy with them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
04 3500 SRW. My Michelin 19.5s are finished. I would like to try something else. What I'm looking for is a QUIET, All Terrain 19.5 tire. I can go 245/70 or 265/70. Does anyone have any suggestions for such a tire? 19.5 Tire reviews and feedback are hard to come by. Any help would be appriciated.
Side note..How many miles did you get out of the Michelins?

·
Registered
69 Posts
curious which michelins did you have??? :confused013: also how long did they last??? I wanted to get the XDE2+ before I got my M608Z's but they were way to expensive for my budget!!! :shock:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry for the late reply. I'm traveling right now, so when I get back I'll get the model and reply.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Same here. I run 19.5s and use the Toyo m608z. They are quieter than most off road and yet have pretty good grip. Only downside is they are not super popular in my area and I have to order them via mail.

·
Registered
92 Posts
What did you end up running? I’m about to mount a set of Toyo M608Z’s on my 2500.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts