Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one of these conversions?

I know it doesn't have anything to do with 6.7, but I'm just curios.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Don't have one but want one! There are a couple companies close to me that do them. One is about 15 min away. In the 6-7k range depending on what you want. Includes everything from color matched bed to extending all lines, electrical, and driveline. Very good work and both places by me are backed by local dealership as far as warranty goes. I think it takes them about a week.

·
Registered
124 Posts
...Man, I hate the short bed on the Mega. I could buy a really nice trailer for 5 to 6 g's though. Not worth it in my opinion - a lotto win would change that opinion.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
innoviation customs in Lehi,Utah does this kit i'm getting my truck long boxed Aug. 06 ..

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had mine done by them. Excellent job!!
Would do it again in a heartbeat!
They had me out of there in 3 days. I prepaid them some so they had the dually box painted when I got there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm doing it as soon as I get back from deployment:hyper:.... so in about a year :lol3:

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
sweet, best of both worlds, without a long box a trucks useless to me

·
Registered
694 Posts
i live in lampasas... test drove an 07 mega with a long bed 5.9... slow as dirt, litterally. you would romp on it and nothing would happen, but wat more can u expect from a truck that weighs somehtin like 10000 or 11000 lbs??!! i think they have the conversions done in a small shop in waco but i could be wrong. nice trucks if u haul alot of people and want more room in the back but not for me...

·
Registered
473 Posts
i live in lampasas... test drove an 07 mega with a long bed 5.9... slow as dirt, litterally. you would romp on it and nothing would happen, but wat more can u expect from a truck that weighs somehtin like 10000 or 11000 lbs??!! i think they have the conversions done in a small shop in waco but i could be wrong. nice trucks if u haul alot of people and want more room in the back but not for me...
That would have been engine related though.
My mega long dually weighs in at 8600 lbs with full fuel and me. The whole conversion only added about 3-400lbs
Yes, it will accelerate slower than a single wheel shortbox quad cab, but not too bad. With just an edge, my truck does 0-60 in under 8 seconds.

·
Registered
694 Posts
i know it engine related just tellin everyone i wasnt inpressed with the power it had, but just my opinion, dont get me wrong its a really really nice truck just not for me (had that crappy 4 speed auto in it too, which dosent help it out any haha)

·
Registered
273 Posts
innovative customs in lehi, utah!!! they rock. they did an excellent job. very professional, swapped out fuel tanks and did some performance upgrades for and did and excellent job on everything. you won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I also think the Megacab looks way better with the longbed. If I could afford to own one, I'd have a 3500 SRW Megacab longbed 4x4 in black with about a 5" lift and 37s. That would be sweet, but with my current financial situation, its just a pipe dream for now.

Scott

1 - 14 of 14 Posts