Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is a good brand of long arm kit? what can I expect to pay?

the local shop said 1900$ for BDS.

I LOVE the look of the rize industries ones and think it would look awesome on my truck... is it possible? where would I get rize industries long arm kits for a 05 cummins? I have only seen them on fords :(

http://www.trucktuner.com/images.sized/3341.jpg

thanks!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
i believe rize makes them for dodges also...quite $$ if i remember right. i have a bds kit and like it..had one on my ford too. Like the warranty and price.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much did it cost?

how come I find find the ones for a dodge?

what exactly do they do to the ride of the truck?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I have had no problems with mine (see sig) in 3 years and 40k miles. Made in america, lifetime unconditional breakage warranty, comparatively cheap; How can you go wrong. One more thing call BDS in less than three minutes you can get someone on the phone that knows their product well. Check out the new 8" longarm kit...Drool!

PS: here ya go

2003-2007 Dodge Ram 3/4 & 1 Ton Pickup 8" Long Arm" lift kit 651H | BDS Suspension

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
rize ind, is going under. service went down a while ago. the bds is very good, for average use trucks, carli has a radius arm option....$$$$$$$, or for a very good all porpuse alternative look at pure performance. nice beefy setup, good service, and very well built piece.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I have a 6" top gun customz long arm on mine. I love it its awesome. But there customer service sucks a$$. It ran me about $2500

·
Registered
353 Posts
Pure Performance for sure if not Carli.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
I have a 6" top gun customz long arm on mine. I love it its awesome. But there customer service sucks a$$. It ran me about $2500
:agree2: I only have the TG spacers but agree that their cust service sucks. I was going to order their dual shock kit and called them to talk about it. The guy was a total idiot that didn't know his arse from a hole in the ground. So...I hung up and called back...got the same dumb sob the second time...

Called skyjacker and those guys were great. I ordered the kit, installed with no problems at all, and am thrilled with it. The TG could have gotten my business is they hadn't been idiots.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
holy crap. starting at $2500?!?

what does a long arm kit even do?

I thought it was just the arms, simple stuff to change the gemoetry. not a full kit.

I contacted RIZE. the guy said they are not going out of business, and he said a rize ind long arm kit is 660$...

I have the rize traction bars.. but I want the ones up front too, like this ford. they are the long arm kit right?

http://www.trucktuner.com/images.sized/3341.jpg

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
U can go short arm but the ride will suck. Yes it does change the geometry. And yes u would want the front ones. I don't know what there kit all entails.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well what is stock? wouldnt that be short arm?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Yes it is.... My truck takes speed bumps and potholes way better than stock. The stock short arms makes the front end feel very choppy. With a short arm lift it amplifies the choppiness. Take a ride in a long arm truck you will feel the difference on the first pothole off-road makes an even bigger difference.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Yes stock is short arm. But once u go up with the truck those short arms get stretched and don't get the travel or movement they need. So the seem to bind the long arms have more give and movement allowing them to handle more.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
@crewcab...how do those black ops shocks ride?
I love them I want another resivor for a faster response but other then that there a pretty decent shock I like them.

·
Banned
449 Posts
Your asking about long arm kits????.....

Here is a photo taken at this years Carlisle All Truck Nationals of both my 05 truck and my Fiancées 01.5 QCSB Sport Cummins.Her truck is equipped with a BDS 6" Long Arm Lift and it drives and handles very nice.I know its not a 3rd Genner but I wanted to show you another option/company that makes a Long Arm Kit.My 05 Has a Kore kit on it and is not near as tall,thankfully.Hope this helps.

Reactions: dieselnoob89

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
pretty much my question was regarding the rize industries arms on the ford picture.. what are those?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.